Civillian Difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civillian Difficulty

Ok, I was fooling around with SMACX and I was playing one of those first scenarios, Explore. Now its on difficulty civillian. I edited the scenario perameters so I could research and all that. Anyway, I start building my cities in ICS+3 so it leaves those 4 tile corners that you need to crawl. Lady Dierdre ends up putting down a city way on the end, kinda getting in my way. I wanted to kill the city, but I didn't want to obliterate it and cause an atrocity. Then she'd be really mad at me. So I decide to take it over because she went to war with me. I previous played an ICS game where I was building colony pods in enemy bases I took over so I could just clear the captured base penalty. What's funny is I'll empty a size one base, then immediately rebuild the base with a colony pod and its size 3 with the Planetary Transit System. So, getting back to the matter at hand, I thought I'd do that. The base went from 2 to 1, and I thought, "Perfect. Hurry to 10, then finish the hurry next turn and abandoned city." Well I built me a sea colony pod, and lo and behold, it didn't even give me the option to abandon the base! Well, dang. That won't work. Perhaps I could try a normal colony pod, but that might not make for an interesting post. Ok, think, think, think... I'll let them take it over again and this time I won't walk in at 2. While I'm waiting for Dierdre to get the gumption to make a unit or 2, a couple mindworms run in and take my city down from 2 to 1. I was hoping they would just destroy it, but oh well. So Dierdre come in again with a scout patrol, liberating the city and it climbs back up to 2. I run my trained laser squad in there with specific instructions to not worry about the civillian populace. So the walk over there, attack the city and its back down to 1. Next turn, Dierdre think's she's smart and runs a colony pod in there to defend! Well that's not going to stop an elite trained laser squad! My men clean their clock nicely, however the city stays at 1 even though I killed the last unit inside! Well, surely this is a misunderstanding. I will take the city and those settlers will surely be scattered to the winds! I move in my laser squad for the energy loot and the unit repair, but no! There is still a size 1 city! Ok, Now they are going to get the full wrath of my military! I send over my sea formers! They'll get the job done. I move my units over there and they are ready to sink this city with no buildings inside. I personally have cameras and microphones set up all over the city to watch. On the turn the water goes rushing into the city, the citizens did something unexpected! They all turned around and built a pressure dome! I did not give them permission! Well now there's another sea colony that I do not want! I started ranting and raving! I want those people out of that place! I started to argue with my militart officials. they said they couldn't help it. To remove the city, I would have to give the order personally! I couldn't do it, and all I could do is rant and rave till they locked me up to cool down. So I left everything to my assistant and dumped the game in his hands. Meanwhile, I'll go read "Planet: A Survivalist's Guide"

Lesson: Civillian Difficulty, the game goes out of its way to keep your cities right where they are.

Exactly when a base will lose one pop when it has the last unit eliminated and when it will not change has never been clear to me. Rules for costal bases seem to be a bit different from interior bases.

Comment

Working...
    X