Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New bug: if base is abandoned, next base loses production.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bug: if base is abandoned, next base loses production.

In my current game, I eliminate captured bases by producing colony pods until the base disappears (it avoids an atrocity hit).

When the size 1 base is ready to produce a colony pod, I get the abandoned base message, I confirmed.

I've noticed that the next base (in the F4 screen order) does not have any production (no minerals are added to the current item in the build queue).

I don't recall seeing this bug in any list, so I thought I'd contribute it to this forum.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

One thing is what is shown in F4 - another thing is what happens next turn. I have noticed that I can't trust F4 when building prototypes - says 0/xxx despite the unit is developing normally in base view.

Just out of curiosity - why are you getting rid of captured bases ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think the 0/xxx only occurs when the previous base is stockpiling energy.

Several reasons:

1) The captured base gets in the way of my borehole placements.
      2) A captured base has drone problems for 50 years after capture. If the captured base becomes a colony pod (its independent if the base is size 1) and the colony pod builds a base, that base is not a captured base.
      3) I have PTS, so by abandoning a size 1 base, I effectively go from size 1 to size 3 when I build a new base with the resulting colony pod.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Working...
      X