Pactmates gifts - free upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pactmates gifts - free upgrades?

In a recent SP game I had my pactmate gift me units. That is not unusual. What is unusual is that the gifted units got a free upgrade. Domai was producing 6-3-1 units, which are worse than useless considering where they were and that they drew support from a tiny little base (think 'Resource Shortfall'). However, when these units came to me they were 12-4-1*2 drop units. Now, that is a kingly gift (morale of very green not withstanding), especially since he doesn’t have the technology. A total of 3 such free upgraded units made it to my clutches, and considering Domai’s production ability he can send as many as he want’s since I’ll drop them at a bigger base and re-home them.

Have any of you seen this? I can’t ever remember a free (and rather pricy) upgrade of gifted units before.

Hydro

THats a new one to me-- I have never received the gift of units that exceeded the giver's technology
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Haven't seen that either. Is it possible that he subverted the units from another faction?
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Nope. It was unusual.

Hydro

Comment

Working...
        X