Re-getting full tech popups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-getting full tech popups

Sorry for the subject title, I couldn't think of a better way of putting it.

When you discover a new tech, you get a nifty popup with information on it, a thoughtful voiceover, and a short narrative on how your settlers integrate the technology, and how it fits in with the rest of the tech tree.

Is there a way to get these popups back after a tech has been discovered?

How many times have I wished there was a way to do that... but there is not, at least that I am aware of.

Comment

short narrative on how your settlers integrate the technology, and how it fits in with the rest of the tech tree.
      That bits throwing me abit, do you just mean the text on the second page after the quote and the rest of your problem being a lack of speech ? (audio preferences in the game settings)
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I don't have any problems with the game, speech or otherwise. I was just describing the dialog that comes up when you make a research breakthrough. Yes, you are correct, I was referring to the text on the flip side of the quote on these dialogs. Sometimes, I'd like to go back and re-read these, just so I can see the logical flow from one tech to another, or just get an idea what sorts of challenges the settlers are undergoing, as this experience is absent from the gameplay.

Comment

I don't know how to get the popups back, but you can read the tech quotes in the files blurbs(x).txt and techlongs.txt.
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Comment

Hey, doctorfrog.

I'm afraid you cannot access both the quote and the explanatory text within the game itself after a technology has been discovered. The quote appears in the datalinks for the respective technology, the explanatory text does not.

However, if the explanatory text is more important to you, I would recommend to try renaming the blurbs.txt file to "techlongs.txt" and vice versa. If the programme reads the displayed information from those files, the explanatory text should now appear in the datalinks. (Also, the quote and the explanation will probably switch places in the tech popup upon discovery, but I suppose you can live with that.)

EDIT: I just see that the blurbs file also includes the quotes for the facilities and secret projects, so they won't appear in the datalinks if you switch the filenames.

Verrucosus

Comment

Working...
              X