CPU Not Supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Not Supported

I have installed Alpha Centaury and then Alien Crossfire , patched with 2.0 and when I run it I have error.

I am using AMD Sempron 2200+ and when I try to run the game it says CPU Not supported , when I press ok to try to run it anyways it crashes and I am back on the desktop.

By the way I read Troubleshooting :

3. If you receive the message "CPU Not
    Supported", and you have a non-Intel processor such as an AMD K-5, try to run the game anyway. Many AMD processors show up as a 486 in verification tests, but if your machine is 'Pentium Compatible', it shouldn't be a problem.
    But this says nothing in case my AMD CPU is not 'Pentium Compatable" or so .

Any suggestions , links ,drivers ,patched or something I can use to make my AC run ?

Just select ok and see if it works anyway.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
      Just select ok and see if it works anyway.
      I beleieve he said that didn't work.

Just curious but are you also running the machine with Windows XP. I thought there was an XP compatibility patch that was needed beyond the 2.0. It could be that your processor would run the game fine but your operating system is crashing it
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

From the topped FAQ on this forum

34) Q: When launching Alpha Centauri. I receive the error message "CPU not supported". My computer has a Pentium 4 or newer CPU.

A: You will need to modify a line in the Alpha Centauri.ini that is located in the game folder. To do this:

Double click on My Computer
        Double click on the C: Local Drive (your Hard Drive or the drive that the game is installed to)
        Double click on the Program Files Folder
        Double click on the Firaxis Games Folder
        Double click on the Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Folder]
        Double click on the Alpha Centauri.ini File (The file looks like a read me text file with a little gold symbol on it).

Once the file is open in Notepad, change:

ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0

to

ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

Be sure to save your changes, then run the game. You may still receive the error message. If it occurs, click OK and the game will load fine.

If you are Installed Sid Meier's Planetary pack then their will be no Alpha Centauri.ini File initially. Upon attemping to play the game and
        clicking ok despite CPU being unsupported the ini file will be produced. Then simply change the ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm to 1. Or if necessary copy ini file from original SMAC.

ALSO download the patch that helps XP:

Alpha Centauri (PC) PATCH - Update for XP.
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I use AMD and Windows XP and it works just fine. If it doesn't, follow the steps above.
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Working...
          X