Been a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while...

been a long time since I've played this game.

having an urge to play again... but I dont have the game anymore. Dunno where the heck it went.

I hear its cheap to buy these days so I'll just grab another one.

IIRC late game had you switching over to 'planet' in that you actually wanted fungus everywhere rather than trying to terraform.

Also seem to remember satellites that conferred bonuses on cites... and they didnt have a finate number ? Never did understand the sats completely though... I remember a satellite view with combat sats or something.

You guys think this game with the the latest patches is worth getting back into ?

also... Alien Crossfire... worth trying to find (heard its not on sale anymore) ? Y/N
    DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Plain ol' SMAC is still available and relatively cheap. I got mine as part of the Conqueror's Collection. I'd suggest comparing prices among your usual suspects. SMAX is out of print and expensive, but I believe that it can be gotten through ebay. I leave your satellite and strategy questions to those who know more than I.

Comment

Sat numbers are infinitite but the benefits are limited in any given city by the population and whetehr or not is has an aerocomplex

Obviously , in this forum, you will get the people that still think it is an awesome game
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Re Alien Crossfire

It is an expansion set. There are some interesting features and it increases replayability, but you get most of the benefits from the original SMAC. I believe there were also some bugs that were cleaned up in Alien Crossfire.
        Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

There were some bugs cleaned up in SMAX indeed, and some new ones added. However, the SMAC "XP" patch confers all of the bug fixes from SMAX onto SMAC. It should really have been released as SAMC patch 5, since currently people are hesitant to apply it

Download it here.
          Play hangman.

Comment

Thanks folks,

I'm going to hit EBgames tomorrow and give this game a revisit. Theres a number of locations in the city... I should be able to find it. (hopes)
            DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Comment

Every time I visit a Game shop I scan the PC sections ( in vain) looking for a re issue of Planetary Pack or Alien Crossfire.

I have originals but just want physical back-up of this fabulous game.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I went to EB with full intentions on getting this.

Found some 'commanders pack' bundle that had Tiberian sun a few others and Alpha Centauri in it. $10

But I swear it was staged... right beside it was Civ4 Warlords expansion for $28.

Guess nostalgia will have to wait a while.
                DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Comment

Working...
                X