Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle Ogre MK III: Completely worthless, or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Ogre MK III: Completely worthless, or not?

So I am currently building my next Single Player Challenge, and for some reason it finally jumped out at me that the slot occupied in the alphax.txt file by the Battle Ogre MKIII is completely under-utilized (and if you don't understand what I'm talking about look here ) ! This unit is extremely rarely "popped" via a pod, and so I am thinking of replacing it accordingly in my scenario. The background on this is that one of the main complaints by CMN has been that when they add units to the #UNITS Section of the alpha(x).txt file, that said unit will then only receive a base reactor level of ten. However the slot occupied by the Battle Ogre MK III receives a reactor level of 30! So my question is that for my next SP Challenge should I change the unit that occupies this slot, and if so, to what? I'm currently thinking along the lines of a Scud Missile (i.e. regular missile with Nerve Gas) which would be available once researching the technology Retroviral Engineering, however I am open to suggestions.....

D
    Leave it as is! :b:
    16.67%
    Scud Missile! Everyone deserves a few chemical additives!
    16.67%
    Change it, but to something not so aggressive....
    16.67%
    Change it to a Nuke Warhead! We want Da Bomb!
    25.00%
    Change it to a Probe Unit: +3 Reactor = Instant Infiltration!
    0.00%
    Set it to deliver +3 Bananas!
    25.00%

if you're going to change it, change it to something that takes advantage of its no healing "ability". Your sucd mssile doesn't need to use the MkIII slot

Comment

A regular missle usually wins its fight with just nerve gas alone and won't really make full use of the level 3 reactor imo.
      In a player vs player situation the infiltration bonus would be great, but against the AI it's easily acheivable with a regular probe.
      Nuke
      Cheap super unit early on for the AI (to help counter players 13-1-12*2 choppers)
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Some sort of a bunker with artillery? like <4>-8-0?

Comment

2 row planet busters!
          Play hangman.

Comment

@The reckoning

Nice idea but how will you move it?

@Chaunk

Well I would guess that the planet will be destroyed soon
            What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

You won't

though I think you could use a transport.

Idea is build a base over it and it'd have great defense for a while till the tech's obsolete.

Comment

So you still need to pod it to get it? Isn't it better to change it to something you could prroduce...
                What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

Have the aliens start with it, and make an ultimate scenario...otherwise, I'd take them out of the game...

Comment

Some good feedback to date - thanx!

Originally posted by waab
                    So you still need to pod it to get it? Isn't it better to change it to something you could prroduce...
                    Yes. Sorry - should've been more clear with my original post. Currently what I've done is change the line in the alphax.txt file for the Battle Ogre Mk2 to a <13>x/6/3 Drop Shard Battle Tank available with Orbital Spaceflight. For the Battle Ogre Mk3 I'm thinking of changing that to a <12>x/6r/6 sub w/ Marine Detachment available around Digital Sentience. I've also thought of making a gravship analogy for the Mk3 replacement, however I've never seen the AI's use Gravships appropriately. Anyone have any experience with this? Also, anyone want to playtest this and provide feedback once I spin it up with these updates?

D

Comment

Working...
                    X