Base Energy and Energy Park Work Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Energy and Energy Park Work Sheet

As a thank you to all of you who have contributed, who helped me out as a newbie here, and who were patient during my health problems, I am going to post one of my aids that helped me in my games. I've cleaned up the spreadsheet to make it easier to use.

Some of the features, like auto-coloring water squares blue, may not work with earlier versions of Excel. What is most helpful with this is it lets you plan out your base improvements for later in the game. You can actually get more energy without boreholes depending on the terrain. Enjoy.

Note - I haven't retested the sheet since I've prettied it up for regular use. If you have any problems, I'll try to check here once a week. Don't forget you can open the same spreadsheet twice, and split the display, so you can watch the Energy sheet and the Terraforming sheets simultaneously.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

The file didn't attach - it was too big. Here it is. I hope, I've never done this before.

I cannot get the link to work - maybe firewall problems on my machine. Just copy this (dash added to override the auto-format to a link)

-www.apolyton.com/upload/view.php?file=27347_SMAXEnergyPark.zip

into your browser's address line, I managed to make that work.
    Last edited by Mr. Harley; May 5, 2006, 10:35.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Added to the directory.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

cool

using it with openoffice2.
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Note I just discovered - due to my adding the auto-blue feature for water squares, you MUST change a water square on th first worksheet (elevation) to an altitude of 0 thru 3 (instead of "w") before you start terraforming it on the second worksheet (terraforming).

Explanation (if you want to know why): you end up with errors on the third worksheet (energy) for those squares when you terraform them with a Solar Collector or a Echelon Mirror, because it goes back and checks elevation and get "w" instead of a number, i.e. an elevation. This also screws up the center total energy box in the center of the Terraforming and Energy worksheets, because those now refer to squares on the Energy worksheet that have invalid references.

Comment

I'm not sure that I'm nerdy enough for this...
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
            X