X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP SMAC CD corrupt :-(

I really need need help.
    After a long break from SMAC, I decided to give myself an easter egg, and play some computer.

I loaded up my SMAC disk, and I could feel the joy as it started installing. I was finding my old SMAC notes from the drawer, and beginning to consider which faction to play etc.

Suddenly all my daydreaming was ruined by a read error from my disk. I tried to install once more, but no luck. I had a look on my CD, and found a large crackle (½cm) on top of the disk.

I tried to copy the cd to my HD, but it gave me a read error again.
    I have tried to paint/repair this crackle but it only made it worse.

I managed to copy all the root files + the directories "alternative art", "direct x", "ereg", "fx", "movies", but only the files from "A" to "R" in the data directory.

I guess the problem starts in the data directory.

In order to play the game I need most of the files in the data directory, and the two remaining directories.

Can anyone supply these for me?
    I really hope this isn't considered computer piracy/theft, as I have the original, but it is broken.
    I do not want all the files, only the app. 10% I cannot read.

Is there any other LEGAL way I could get the files? I googled around, and there are a lot of illegal (I think?) sources for SMAC, but I do not want to support that.

(I will probably go look for a used original cd sometime, but I would really like to play the game during easter(as work will make it impossible after).

I have been discussing the legality of this proposal, and since im not sure whether its legal or not, I unfortunately withdraw my request.

I hope this means I can get some of "all those things thats I never get around to" done during easter :-).

Comment

Working...
    X