AI factions are boosted.

Faction 1=PIRATES
    Faction 2=GAIANS
    Faction 3=HIVE
    Faction 4=UNIV
    Faction 5=MORGAN
    Faction 6=DRONE
    Faction 7=ANGELS

There are also new pre-defined units, so take a look in F1 screen.
    Difficulty is that AI may attempt a victory condition you usually do not expect in this game period.
    It is a save file only.
    Have fun!
    Attached Files
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Things going great so far, managed to pop an earthquake with my new rover and destroy 3 of my ships
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
      Things going great so far, managed to pop an earthquake with my new rover and destroy 3 of my ships
      '

Ouch thats a tough lesson there

Perhaps I should give this a whirl. I see the Pirates as one of about 4-5 factions where I don't even claim competence so it could be QUITE a challenge for me
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yeah same here. Whatever trigger you're using to help the AI i'm taking massive advantage of it mart
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Playing like a decent CEO?
          ---
          it's kinda a feature.
          Nice for a player, when you get several k
          Now, still AI gives you half, so... visit F3 often, and be prepared
          ---
          unless you use probes...
          Last edited by Mart; April 12, 2006, 15:03.
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

Yes, Lazerus, if you are using probes, write how it is going. which faction you use most?
            The most dangerous is Morgan, but other can still reach energy level for the victory condition.

I have been using this AI bonus for some time now. And some observation, when comparing to what happens, when you give AI energy in the form of FUNGENERGY or other tile bonuses, that AI accumulates, does not spend. Something like - if energy does not come from tiles, AI does not know that it has it. It still hurries units, and this is a plus, when you attack it, suddenly in a few turns it musters quite an army. But keeping all this energy lets human players either borrow or probe it.

When AI has little energy, I rarely do "drain energy", just rarely worth of lost probe team, but when AI has many k...
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

Does the AI here mind control bases?
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

When I was playing it, it did not happen to Pirates, but between AI, that might be possible.
                ---
                A moment, there was one case. Gaians did it. once, near the end, when the game was played sloppy:

base size 2, and units
                5-1-2
                5-1-2
                1-2-1
                former

I remember now - was busy killing Gaian probe on one side, while there were 2 more probes on the other side, they come around the fungus...

And you would think SMAX AI cannot flank you
                Last edited by Mart; April 12, 2006, 15:36.
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

Morgan had masses of energy, i got 13k from him from him in a loan ! and yet he still saved up more and cornered the global energy market ! I think i got a 2-3k loan from Dee aswell.
                  Was a shame to kill Morgan since he'd been a long standing pact mate and traded me loads of techs. Also been probe raping the angels for about 500ec per theft. Domai has been another good source of techs to steal from. Yang (until recently) and Dee have been good pact partners trading with me. Zak is too far away to do anything too.

Currently 2188, Morgan and Roze almost dead, starting to slow down military and will get clean formers pumped out since im just a few turns away from biomachinery which will allow me to switch back to FM once i've got CV

Comment

What year Morgan started his 20 turn cornering?
                    2171, was when I played it.

Congrats for killing Morgan.
                    Any details as for expedition force taking over the capital?
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest

Comment

2179 here (obviously later since i took 13k)

He was quite weakly defended when i hit him, a few silksteels but no AAA on them and i stole MMI and built the CBA before him. So 5-10 chaos noodles and a couple of missile choppers with 2 jump troops easily beat him for me.

Comment

Two 5-1-2 rovers against 2-3p+-1 (pulse, ECM), no chance...
                        So Morgan won in 2191.

5-10 planes and couple of copters - this was for HQ base only? he must have had several silksteel
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

Ah no, that was for his entire continent

Comment

Lazerus,
                            Morgan gave you 13k, and maybe with his skills you got 30k payment in 100 years. So it is -300 EC/year.
                            Have you been on negative energy income? Or when you borrowed it, you had already over +300 EC?
                            Mart
                            Map creation contest

Comment

was -250 for awhile, a small popboom got me upto -100 and once i declared vendetta on him i was in the plus

Comment

Working...
                              X