Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lal is hot (and other AC related word games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lal is hot (and other AC related word games)

Back when all the speculation began regarding the names of the faction leaders of the original seven SMAC factions... was it really eight years ago?... I can't remember what conclusion was drawn about Lal.

But recently I have been trying to make my Indian cooking more authentic. As well as having a resident expert, I have a cookbook that lists ingredients as they would be pronounced in Hindi.

"Simla mirch" is bell pepper. "Lal mirch" is chili pepper. So I am making a guess that "mirch" is pepper and is "Lal" is either hot or red.

in other words a drone
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

That's why he doesn't like Yang, the malcontent what he is
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
        That's why he doesn't like Yang, the malcontent what he is
        Come on, who could possibly like this p****?

Comment

But if Lal is red, he should like Yang.

(That creaking sound you hear is the crumbling foundations of my argument in the face of Redfred's searing intellectual analysis, by the way.)
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I like google.

Limulus Amebocyte Lysate (LAL) (lim- yoo - lus- ah - mee- bo - site lie - sate) An aqueous extract of the circulating blood cells (amebocytes) of the American horseshoe crab, Limulus polyphemus.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Tesco: Employs Projenitors

LOL!

I just bought a tub of "Tesco Finest" Champagne Rhubarb Yoghurt.

On the lable, it contains the following "Allergy advice":

"Recipe: no nuts. Ingredients: Cannot guarantee nut free. Factory: product made in nut-free area, but nuts used elsewhere."

Only the rhubarb yoghurt gives its allergy advice Progenitor style; all other varietys use normal sentance structure.

Comment

Rhubarb yogurt?
                1. Somebody makes this oddity?
                2. You buy and willingly consume this substance??
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Rhubarb yogurt is teh pwnage. Dont mess with it
                  if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

In the same product line as the rhubarb are the most excellent Scottish Rasperry and Orange Blossom Honey. A friend of mine described them as being "orgasm in a pot".

Comment

Ah, how true he is. Your friend has good tastes

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Old City lost! Reclaim it! Defend the Old City Wall! Old City reclaimed! Old City lost! etc
                        MAKE IT STOP MERCY ON MY SOUL

my fav is when you click 500 times to call arty and insuffienct fire support until it comes in, and it keeps saying it over and over for the next minute...

Comment

Finally! Someones noticed it. Now I can change it. What else do I play...

Comment

Maybe no one else plays that on this forum.

Comment

Nope, I enjoy Wolf:ET.

Personally I enjoy the invincible medic effect. 125 health going up to 140 with level 3 battle sense.
                              #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                              #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Working...
                              X