Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get faction music back in SMAX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get faction music back in SMAX?

I'm playing SMAX... again... and the music is the aliens' faction music instead of the relevant human faction that I'm playing right now. (Believers, as it turns out.)

How do I get the old human music back? Is there a line in some text file I can alter? The alien's music is nice and all but I like a bit of drumline when I'm convertin' and conquerin'.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

I think an answer of sorts is in the FAQ. It'll at least tell you what files to look for.

Comment

A: The ambient music used in SMAC/X is located in the fx folder in your SMAC directory. They are the .amb files; sset1.amb is for the Spartans, gset1.amb for the Gaians, and so forth. There is no new ambient music for the SMAX factions and the progenitor music (aset1.amb) plays for all of them (a bug in the expansion includes the Believers while under SMAX). If you wish to use ambient music from the original seven factions for the new factions, back up the aset1.amb file and replace it with a copy of one of the other .amb files, properly renamed. It's not a direct translation of the same ambient music, but it is close.
      I've tried that, and it's horrible.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Which is the ambient music for the Hive? There is no "hset1.amb".
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

It's the same as Morgan. Likewise, Gaia is the same as the peacekeepers.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Aren't there also mean to be some different ping sounds for switching between city views etc? There's a few sets of those but all factions seem to use Zak's.

Comment

Working...
            X