Damn you, SMAX, for being so good! >:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you, SMAX, for being so good! >:(

Okay, so a friend asked to borrow my copy of SMAX, that old and dusty game which I haven't touched in more than two years. I said "sure" and started looking for it.

That was three hours ago.

2.5 hours ago, I found it lying amongst kipple in the closet.

Since then, the CD has somehow found itself in my computer, the game has reinstalled itself again, and I'm somehow just passed MY 2112.

*sigh*

Another late night tonight, I suppose... SMAX is like a former lover who you say okay, sure, I can handle myself well, I'll just go out for a drink. But one drink becomes two, and two become twelve, and before you know it you're laughing and having a great time and then you invite it up for a coffee and then it keeps you up all night and god damn but I'm going to be tired in the morning.

And sore.

*double sigh*

Either way, just wanted to say I'm back in the saddle again after a protracted absence and it's time to set up a special scenario and do some, erm, research.

This game is going to what I'm looking at, 60 years from now, when I finally lose all sight in my eyes and I'll be dragged to the doctor's shouting "how am I going to manage my base resources now?"
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Welcome back to the relapse fold

Comment

Ali, just be sure to research MMI and you'll be able to play blind, deaf and dumb. Build the Longevity Vaccine and you can play for centuries.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

They all come back. Eventually.

Comment

[Al Pacino]Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in. [/Al Pacino]

I wonder if any other game from the last century is that alluring...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Welcome back Allie!

I think there are more than a few of us that need some sort of ten step program to break the SMAX addiction cycle.

Comment

AC - when vision fails and senses dull you will do what we all will do - become a transcendii! You'll flit among the electrons, indulge in deep thoughts, and wish you had fingers again to click - 'end turn'.

Hydro

Comment

Working...
              X