Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAniaC: user satisfaction poll

A question, only for those who have already played SMAniaC:

What do you like best, do you consider most fun, balanced etc...? SMAniaC or standard SMACX?
    SMACX
    16.67%
    SMAniaC
    29.17%
    Banana - I haven't played SMAniaC
    54.17%
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I have voted for SMAniaC as a sign of support, although I can't say I like it _more_ than plain SMAX. It's a good mod and definitely interesting, although I don't have enough time right now (these years... ) to thoroughly explore it, bar a few SP games. What I really like is the tech tree (no longer one true beeline), interesting SE settings (bonus to early expansion, ECON for IND tradeoff in Free Market and more) and other solutions (improved navy to name one). Worth recommending for PBEM games.

Comment

Hmmm, I should start updating the ACS directory with new mods.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I vastly prefer SMAniaC. I like the way the tech tree progresses much better, since Hovertanks and Copters are early enough to actually see a good portion of use. In my normal SMAX games, by the time Htanks arrive the game's already wrapped up and the winner is obvious.

Also the redone SPs like the CBA are much more balanced and won't give the game to one player. And some techs which are practically useless become good, [I'm looking at you, Superconductor and Optical Computers]

Comment

I've only been playing SManiaC for the past 2 months as opposed to SMAX for the past six years and I can already tell that I'll probably never switch back (except to play scenarios).

Its really, really, really, made one of the greatest games of all time much better- and when I first downloaded it I was *extremely* skeptical.

I still havent finished a full game on transcend (I've been playing games on higher and higher difficulties and thats the next one up) so when I do I'll have a detailed run-down of specifically what I like and don't like - but my vote goes to SManiaC easily.

Comment

W00t!
            Btw, anyone interested in joining a SMAniaC PBEM: SMAniaC Prime?

You'd be playing the Templar. The game is only fifteen turns old, but as is the curse of most PBEMs these days, one player has already been replaced and a second hasn't given a sign of life in over a month. So there's a place free if anyone's interested.

Comment

I suck [I think, I can play transcend but not win every time], but I'll give it a shot if you need a player quickly. It's the holidays so I'll be able to pass the turns on pretty fast.

Comment

You're welcomed as far as I'm concerned. If you're interested, I'd invite you to post something in the turn tracking thread and perhaps send a PM to mart7x5 for the password.
                Don't worry about not being a super expert player. We're all kinda new to SMAniaC after all (*) - consider it a collective discovery.

(*) Well perhaps I'm not but I'm playing the new Atlantean faction, and I intend to roleplay them, which means isolationism and definitely no agressive tendencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirov
                  I have voted for SMAniaC as a sign of support, although I can't say I like it _more_ than plain SMAX. It's a good mod and definitely interesting, although I don't have enough time right now (these years... ) to thoroughly explore it, bar a few SP games. What I really like is the tech tree (no longer one true beeline), interesting SE settings (bonus to early expansion, ECON for IND tradeoff in Free Market and more) and other solutions (improved navy to name one). Worth recommending for PBEM games.
                  what my clone ( ) said
                  if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                    Hmmm, I should start updating the ACS directory with new mods.
                    Updated with SMAniaC Gold.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus

Updated with SMAniaC Gold.
                      The page says "SMAniaC Gold by Illuminatus."

Is it possible to change "Illuminatus" to "Maniac" (saving Illuminatus from getting PM's from new SMAniaC players)?
                      Last edited by vyeh; July 29, 2006, 12:33.
                      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

The page says "SMAniaC Gold by Illuminatus."

Fixed. It lists the submitter, not the author. Usually the submitter is the author.

Comment

Working...
                        X