weird....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird....

In a game I was playing recently on Transcendi as Morgan I saw some strange society choices by Lal:

democracy
    free market
    power
    thought control

What's the point of a thought control democracy? Strange stuff.

How else do you make sure they vote for you?
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I'd say they are trying to have the most expensive, useless army on planet. -3 support -2 industry and +4 morale while still retaining -3 police, which if memory serves causes problems if they leave your territory.

Comment

I'd say the industry hit is the worst. By that time support isn't that relevant (a single Nessus Mining Station counters a minus in support except for the free minerals per base and in the rare case of +3 support). Police at -3 is a joke; you could support your whole army from a single base and it would still cause a single drone. Then again, an increase of 20% in mineral production is... painful, to say the least.

As for the realism of pairing democracy and thought control, yes, it's quite weird, especially taking into account that SMAC's democracy is a perfect one, truly representing the will of the people via Ethical Calculus and all that... but that happens with all future societies (pre SMAX). I mean, Cybernetic Believers? Eudaimonic Spartans? Thought Control U.N. Peacekeepers? What's next, Laissez-faire Collectivism?
        Last edited by Leon Trotsky; March 23, 2006, 01:13.

Comment

At -3 Police, each military unit after the first that's out of your territory, per base, causes a pacifism drone. Thus, you can still field a respectable army by spreading out your support, but not by concentrating it (without punishment spheres).
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
            At -3 Police, each military unit after the first that's out of your territory, per base, causes a pacifism drone.
            So, basically you can mantain a bomber per base without additional drones (and no more). Everyday I learn something new here...

Comment

i always knew he was a closet despot. always demanding stuff off me...

Comment

I take it he didn't have the Cloning Vats?
                Last edited by NanoDingo; March 23, 2006, 12:32.
                - NanoDingo [INTJ, E6]

Comment

fraid not...deirdre got that

Comment

Working...
                  X