Sounds gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds gone?

Ever since I played 10 turns of the succession game, SMAX doesn't play a lot of the sounds. It doesn't even play the sounds in the menu, before I have started the game. Any idea why?

Re: Sounds gone?

Originally posted by Humphrey
    Ever since I played 10 turns of the succession game, SMAX doesn't play a lot of the sounds. It doesn't even play the sounds in the menu, before I have started the game. Any idea why?
    Its all Kataphractoi's fault.

Anyways, you'll find that with PBEM games (and SP Games started by someone else like Kata) that the settings of the "foreign" game will overide your previous home computer's settings. So, have you checked your sounds settings to see if they've been changed because of this?

D

Comment

Yes, they were all changed. How annoying. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Humphrey
        Yes, they were all changed. How annoying. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?
        Only way I can think of is to make a copy of Alpha Centauri.ini before loading the succession game, and then restore it afterwards.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Or consider iniswap, a utility set up for swapping around different ini files for different games.
          #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
          #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Working...
          X