X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM Probe Team actions

Correct me if I'm wrong:
    Probe Teams always have success in multiplayer, hence the rule:

# If an aggressive probe action (anything except infiltration) is used on a faction you have a truce, treaty or pact with, you must select 'Declare Vendetta' in the dialog box that appears afterwards, and notify the victim of your transgression, unless you have received permission in advance. No notification is required in other cases.
    But wouldn't it be better* to calculate the chances separately using a tiny program (it isn't even a program)? I think that if you can trust someone to tell wether he has had succeeded or not, it is possible to ask for this as well. It just disappoints me that Probe rating only affects the subvert cost, and it also loses some of the intrigue involved in covert ops.

*=provided that the chances are displayed, otherwise this thread is somewhat pointless.

AFAIK, probe operations are only as successful as they are in single player.

The rule exists because the wrong player (the prober, instead of the probee) receives the option to declare vendetta. The probee never even receives notification from the game.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory

The rule exists because the wrong player (the prober, instead of the probee) receives the option to declare vendetta. The probee never even receives notification from the game.
      That was my understanding as well.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory

I was aware of the latter, but not of the former. Perhaps the wording of the rule confused me. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
        X