Super fast terraforming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac
    If you retire a basic unit design, the units of that type of ALL players disappear.
    The ultimate probe action!
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
      2000(probably 2024) is the civ2 limit. Its easily hittable if you play a scenario like RedFront...
      You hopefully mean 2048
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

How many formers do you need to insta-build a magtube link ?
        For each tile:
        1 or 3 rover-formers to build a road (depends on terrain)
        3 infantry-formers to build a magtube

Any fungus/rocky tiles would have to be avoided, because even a rover-former can't move in and build something in one turn.
        Last edited by PJayTycy; February 9, 2006, 17:33.
        no sig

Comment

with xenoempathy (or whatever it's called), even a std former can both move and build in fungus. Rockies is though a problem.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You hopefully mean 2048
            ehh yes my bad typo in a hurry to post again
            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
              with xenoempathy (or whatever it's called), even a std former can both move and build in fungus. Rockies is though a problem.
              Hovertank or elite rover formers would also do the trick.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                I must admit that I've encountered bugs involving unit disappearance and teleporting. But I never experienced units disappearing only at a single base. Are you sure the base has not been attacked or units disbanded due to low support?
                They weren't ALL inside the base. some of them where within the base radius. but no, just your standard supply crawler, generously provided by my other bases.

next turn, most of them simply weren't there. supply crawlers don't need support do they?

Comment

They've actually been hijacked - that's an undocumented feature..
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

The interdimensional rift strikes again!
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Cheating? Hardly Its a game feature after all, After I finish off a faction or at least Have them on the ropes right behind my elite shock troops comes the Engineering Division. For the next 1/2 century or so you cant SEE planet for the Adanced formers I have repairing +farming the liberated zones.. 1 or 2 years and every square in the cities radius is fully maxed.-Move on , rinse, repeat.

And yes, the Land bridge rapid mag tube is a time honored tradition in AC, Ill usually have at least 50-60 + formers-0-12-4(helps reduce there losses to air and such). Usually I can lay 5-6 squares a turn sometimes more sometimes less. When I run out of formers, Move up my 1-12-2 PSI AAA units and NJ to cover the units that are in the open. As for being able to raise land everywhere ....It is in the game but I think it was a mistake to allow unlimited terraforming in this manner. It trivializes planetary conquest. You would think they would have restricted terraforming oceans to very shallow bodies of water , but nope, can terraform even the deepest ocean. What would have been far better was to allow instead of cheesy terraforming, was with say, advanced enginerring-you could build bridges (1-5 hex or so max distance?-or even undersea mag tubes if you prefer (along with a reasonable depth restiction. That way continents that are quite close could still be bridged in a reasonable manner where large oceans would still present a somewhat credible defensive barrier. Think places like Berring straight or the Pillars of Hercules or The London-Paris Rail line that runs under the English channel.
                      Last edited by Travelerstein; February 12, 2006, 12:07.

Comment

Working...
                      X