Back home to SMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back home to SMAX

I tried Civ4 and found the esteemed Vel was right. It was a nice look and feel, and has interesting choices. But the game is terribly unstable. I’m afraid it is destined to be shelfware for me, and fear that a SMAC mod will be all but useless (for me, at least).

So I’m back to SMAX. Dee, please forgive me for leaving you, even for a little while. You were right, I was wrong. Your loving eyes beckon, and I await the warm embrace that you have given me all these years…

Hydro

Fool, thinking you could leave

if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I think you need time in the Punishment Sphere.

Then you can return to Dee's Paradise Garden. Duality, don'cha know.
      "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

You belong to us!

Comment

The painfully unstable Civ4 WAS the punishment sphere! Each Memory Allocation crash, torturous looped sound, interminable slowdown, Blue-Screen-Of-Death, and not-so-special Wonder video failure felt just like SMAX vid snippet where a faction leader is captured - complete with arcs of electricity and the screams of pain both from me and my poor computer that had to be rebooted by pulling the plug. Even the dull but ominous 'thud' of the prison doors closing from the snippet seems to apply in this case.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Indeed, yes. Oh, yes!

Hydro

Comment

Im using ATI and it runs perfect...must be charmed.
            of course my nvidia at home wont run it

Im actually finding it a very fun game with competetive AI without need for excessive boosts. i have tanks, bombers,etc and have about 120 turns left to crush 3 AI factions(8 before the game started) so rapid tech+military muscle is possible....still dosnt compare to smac tho...but you cannot stay in the cradle forever...
            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Nothing like some good time in the Punishment Sphere to make people know about things that they simply... SAY that they don't know! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Welcome back Hydro!! I saw you over on the Civ 4 Forum!

What was I doing looking at that Forum???

Well......I just couldnt leave the game loaded on my computer and not try it!! -it really is my husbands game, I cant help it if it dont run on his computer!-

Runs pretty well on my computer, but has graphic problems in late game and on Island type maps.

SMAC/X is still my all time Favorite game though!!!

Lori

Comment

You swine, Hydro! Now that you've lapsed, look what's happened to me! Staying up all night for the "one last turn" drug hit, hacking into the text files to name my bases "Soiled Virgin" and "Orgasmic Research Station", dammit even photochopping a .pcx of Epididymous, the one-eyed bald cyclops of the custom "Penile Colony" faction won't satisfy my highbrow SMAX hijinks!

*Shakes fist at Hydro, fellow recidivist*

Grrr
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

AC – admit it. You were never off the habit, and you are simply using poor ‘ol Hydro as a whipping post to vent the misspent Joy Of AC that is coursing through your tortured veins. What you feel is your very cells singing with exultation, and your cerebral cortex developing new crenulations to hold your vast (virtual) life experiences.

Or perhaps it is the spark of creativity – which you are well known for – that is yearning to break free of the bonds that real life imposes on us all? Can’t you hear the soft whispers of Chairman Yang urging you to the next atrocity that will advance the human race in its dance toward oneness? Or Santiago’s chamber clearing as she deals with yet another ‘problem’? Or even the lovely Dee as she strolls through her private garden, and orders her mindworm minions to rip the minds from untold thousands?

I hear it too.

And to some extent we all do.

Hydro

Comment

Working...
                    X