Warmonger game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmonger game

Some days ago, I was thinking of making a warmongering game with those settings:

Factions:
    Pirates (Me)
    The Hive
    Believers
    Spartans
    The Cult of Planet
    Manifold Caretakers
    Manifold Usurpers

Configuration:

Victory: Conquest and trandence (for the Usurpers). Of course, I think that the Progenitor victory is ALWAYS enabled. I can be fun to race against the clock when one of these aliens begin to play with subspace generators.

They're more agressive, Research is directed, no Unity survey, and all.

This game had been like this:

All began when I began to settle in the lands around me. Then I meet Yang (my soon to be enemy). He sold to me the Usurper and caretaker commlink. But since I became Lular friend, Marr decided to declare Vendetta on the first contact.

Then Yang was atacked by both aliens. Since I realised that letting the Aliens gain any advantaged don't is good, I tried to help him, and while that I meet the Believers, who had been defeat by Sparta before, but they escaped by colony pods (the thing that happens when someone is defeat early) to the small lands to the south...

next to Cha Dawn, who don't liked me and Miriam much, but we had some fruitful dealings. And while that, Miriam was wanting to beat Santiago no matter the cost. Then, I concted Santiago, and she just declared war because I had just become Marr's friend a turn before. Then her fleet began to atack my holdings, and I had to upgrade my Scout patrols to Resonance garrison. After some bloody battles, I and Yang took diferent ways. He began growing, too powerful for my taste, more than the Aliens.

Then I wanted to become planetary governor, and when Cha Dawn atacked Miriam, I saw there a oportunity to fight against yang and Cha Dawn, his mindworm loving lackey. After I helped the Belivers to pull of the forces of the Cult, my sea fleet began to atack some Hive holdings on the north. Then, during a atack, I converted a ship and LOTS of Chaos aircraft to my side.

Then, I scaterred then on two groups. One for fighting Cha Dawn, the other for boss Yang. After a bloody air struggle, I captured Social Engineering Den, since Yang do not had NO KIND of anti-air defense, and I destroyed any Sensor near his bases. While that, in the South, the belivers get me some nedleejets to help in my very powerful atack against Cha Dawn.

After conquering lots of his cities, I befriended Sparta, convinced Santiago to vote me for planetary governor and then I become the bossy planetary governor at the same time Cha Dawn was falling. While that, Yang lose another base to his old aircraft (that now are mine). Even if his nation his the stronggest, ALL nations are against him, excerpt Cha Dawn, and when I defeat him, his Economy must have suferred, since they're his only alies. Yang even tried to do something, but it was useless.

After that, My aircraft began to fight Hive's sea bases near Cha Dawn, and during a fight, I destroyed Yang's only planet Buster. Hmmm, why he was keeping it there?

So, I ask any of you, if yours had been trough this kind of warfare. By the way... PIRATES ARE THE BEST!

Wow, you really took the most agressive AI's there.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You did play on a tiny map I hope?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

And supermega boosted AI?

Sounds like a fun one slaughter. next time conciousness would probably also make better momentum AI's than cult,they seem more agressive and militaristic in my games...
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Tiny? No, it was huge.

But anyway, Next time I am thinking of putting Domai into the fray in Cha Dawn's or Yang's place. In one game, I saw Domai kicking caretaker... unh, ALONE. Even altrought Domai had some old gatlings on his hands (The Caretakers used Resonance Lasers and Armor, so they're well armed) but he had probrably had a big army. He only stopped at Lular's Capital. Bad for him that I was a pirate and don't have enought forces to help him right now (damn anoyng Cyborgs! Thinking that they could best ME, a pirate, in the SEAS! Good thing that after I reacted Aki got back to her senses quicker than a mindworm with a tail on fire. And she keeps sayng that she is rational and that crap).

I think that the pirates are the best in Warfaring games, since they're the hardest faction to conquer, because, against then, Land forces are as good as 1.1.1 ships. And to fight then, better scrape a fleet togheter. But since the pirates are the best when the battle was on the sea, It's very, VERY hard.

Domai, Yang or Mriam might be better than the Spartans on war, since Domai with DM/PL/WH can have four INDUSTRY, that means that he is going to pour lots and lots of troops on you. Yang have the big support of PS/PL/PW and loses all his handcap Industry, but can be a mean enemy.

Miriam can be one of the most annoying enemies on Chiron with her atack bonus and with the increased support, so she can use suicidal atacks with bonus, meaning that with fundamentalism, and maybe wealth, she can challenge even the Usurpers.

Comment

Working...
          X