Planetary Pack woes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetary Pack woes!

I managed to buy a second hand copy of the Planetary Pack, but unfortunately the CD is duff!

There is a CRC error for one of the files and the install fails at that point with a -117 error. It's caused by 6 faulty sectors at about 80% or so.

I've cleaned the CD which didn't improve things at all.

Could someone please post here the CRC32 check (or the MD5 or eD2K or SHA-1 hash) for the file from the Planetary Pack CD:

spaceElevator.wve

...which is in the 'movies' folder and is 8,122,806 bytes

I've found an alternative file which may be OK

btw

If you don't know what a CRC or MD5 hash is, there's a free app to calculate such stuff here:

Just drag and drop the file on top of the open HashCalc window making sure that the CRC32 and/or MD5 checkbox is ticked.

TIA
    Last edited by FullMetalJack; January 17, 2006, 14:57.

Nobody want to help?

Comment

I guess nobody knows what you're talking about.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
        I guess nobody knows what you're talking about.
        I just assumed that people who can thrash the AI on Transcend level would be capable of dragging and dropping a file on top of an open Window but...

Here's some step by step instructions (Planetary Pack owners).

1. Download HashCalc.
        2. Run it, and make sure the MD5 and / or CRC32 checkboxes are ticked. Leave this Window open.
        3. Browse to either: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri\movies or X:\movies where X=Your CD/DVD Drive with the PP CD inserted.
        4. Click on the file spaceElevator.wve and drag it on top of the open HashCalc Window.
        5. Read out the value that is produced for the CRC32 or MD5 calculation and post that value here.

As an alternative to downloading HashCalc, right click on the file in step 4 and add it to spaceElevator.zip using WinZip or spaceElevator.rar using WinRAR (you won't be able to do this direct from the CD (as it's read-only), so copy it to the Desktop or wherever first).

Open the archive created and read out the value in the 'CRC' column and post it here. In WinZip, if the CRC column isn't there, right click on any of the column headings and select 'CRC'.

Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to do.

TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalJack
          Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to do.

TIA.
          This is what I get: 87542E38.
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus

This is what I get: 87542E38.
            Excellent.

That's what I got here too. So, the replacement file is good!

I've replaced the corrupted file with the new one, and repaired the damaged sectors all with CDMage and the CD image I have now has installed and plays fine.

The only thing is, the original CD has no second-hand value at all. Can't trust anyone these days huh!

Thanks for your help Illuminatus.

Comment

Working...
            X