Playing Pirates has ruined me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Pirates has ruined me!

It's tragic but true... The Nautilus Pirates are my faction of choice, but having played them near-exclusively for the past few months, I seem to have forgotten most of what I knew about land-living.
    On the sea you have so many luxuries - enormous expansion room, rapid former/colony/defence deployment, all the energy and food one could wish for...
    Now I'm back on land, I'm missing out on my energy, and don't know what to do with all the shiny minerals - worrying.

Still, it's nice to have boreholes again, and self-growing forests (kelp auto-grows, but it's less useful).

Anyone else gotten too used to a niche style of play and found a return to the main game tricky?

Well i'm so used to land that even with the pirates i'll build colony pods and get out of the water before my toes get wet if that counts
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Re: Playing Pirates has ruined me!

Originally posted by nhs_boy
      Anyone else gotten too used to a niche style of play and found a return to the main game tricky?
      Yang's efficiency impunity. Enough said.

Comment

I'm always longing back to Aki's smooth running empires when I try other factions.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I cant play any faction that doesnt have at least +1 - if not +2 - Industry

Ive been totally spoiled by Yang and Domai... whenever I select a secret project and see it will take 100 turns to complete at this rate I die a little inside.

Comment

Morgan's +100 starting e.c. and going FM on turn 3-5.
            #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
            #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Ive been totally spoiled by Yang and Domai... whenever I select a secret project and see it will take 100 turns to complete at this rate I die a little inside.
              Its called the Supply Crawler.
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

yeah but they take 7 turns rather then 5 to build ... i mean omfg 7, the lazy sob's !!!
                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

That I'll call bad management - 3 turns is enough. Maybe you should interrogate your governors for an explanation.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Or even better... Even had the ideia of shooting the governors of all bad bases and putting your lovers in they place? At least you have more motives for visitating than just politicking

Comment

Slight deviation from topic there

Comment

Deviation

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I've definitely found that my builder habits from Morganite play have made my momentum game weaker. That said, there's one habit that I've carried from one faction to another that's never let me down: Build more bases.

Comment

Pop-booming all Gaian bases to size 14 or even 16 before discovery of Gene Splicing and without any serious terraforming.

Comment

Originally posted by xalien
                              Pop-booming all Gaian bases to size 14 or even 16 before discovery of Gene Splicing and without any serious terraforming.
                              Using fungus for food?

Comment

Working...
                              X