No announcement yet.

Frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kirov: Perhaps a modswapper would make the space less of an issue?

[/plug]
    #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
    #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by #endgame
      @Kirov: Perhaps a modswapper would make the space less of an issue?

[/plug]
      #endgame, that is exactly what I was looking for for years! I've always got a lot of ideas for mods, factions and changes to test, etc. but swapping files back every time I needed to play PBEM was dismaying enough to give it up. Not mention that on few occasions I forgot to do it...

The only problem with ModMan is, it won't run, i.e. it won't run terranx.exe. I prepared a makeshift mod, containing just the faction files Marid Audran provided, but MM keeps saying "couldn't find C:\[path]\ModMan\smacmod.bat" before launching, then it fails and says "couldn't find [path]\Alpha Centauri.ini". I tried to paste ini file and even modified alphax.txt into that mod folder, but to no avail. I've even made enough room for the third copy and downloaded full Aldebaran. Its ModMan works fine for the very Aldeb mod, but fails with any other I create. Can you help me out? I really need this stuff, but being complete layman in programming I have no idea what to do.

Can you give me your e-mail address or contact me at hlaskover AT gmail DOT com?

Comment

There's a checkbox that says "Expansion Mod". If that is left blank, it'll try and run terran.exe, if it is checked, it'll try and run terranx.exe.

Could you open up the SM file you made in notepad and PM it to me please?

Thanks.
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

the thing w/Santiago is...ring her up! give her tech, give her $, pact w/her against her enemies

she'll use you as a front line foil/buffer between herself & her enemies, but she'll throw more units your way than a drunken GW

Comment

Working...
          X