No announcement yet.

Trained scout patrols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is one advantage of shell units that I have used in the past to immense effect...

Once I had clean reactors, I'd build many scout patrols with clean reactor special abilities...by the time you have bioengineering, these little critters are very, very cheap to build, and easy to support (clean reactors)...

Essentially, I'd only have one or two actual units in each base (usually air units), and the rest of the units would be shells...if war was declared on me, I simply could upgrade a few of these shell units to garrisons with AAA tracking and comm jammer or some to artillery or some to assault, whatever I needed...but I always upgraded to a unit without clean reactor (cheaper upgrade). This worked nicely, because I could easily upgrade the garrison or whatever I needed, and would only have to support that one unit (assuming it survived)...

There are several advantages to this strategy...

First, you don't have to support any units until you actually are at war...

Second, you aren't "blocked" in to using only the units you have...if you need AAA units to defend against choppers, then you upgrade a few of those...have an annoying spore launcher off your coast, and you can easily upgrade to a cheap artillerly unit...

Third, once the unit has served its purpose (ex. artillerly to destroy sporelauncher or enemy ship), you can disband, knowing you have plently of shell units if another similiar unit is needed later...

Fourth, you never have to change production to military units if war is suddenly declared on you...just keep building those facilities...

Ultimately, while this strategy may cost slightly more energy than simply rushbuying your units, but it gives your more flexibility and allows you to have extremely low support costs and extremely huge military potential...

Comment

Working...
    X