SMAC crash problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC crash problem

Sufffering from a problem with crashes in game. Its related to Air units mostly(needlejets). Whenever I use a NJ to attack certain squares I get a windows fatal blah blah in terran.exe. My way around so far has attack the squares with ground units instead of airpower (or simply avoid). Worked for a while. Now the AI is induceing the same crash when IT attacks me, and that I cant really workaround. The hex in question can be anywhere, even a city. Its now also happening when I attack a stack with 2 air units. The 1st attack works ok, when I send in the second air unit-its terran.exe has !#%#$#$ out (Thats a new one)

Windows XP, all patches installed.
    Settings Large Random Map.

Any info on this one out there.

I think this sounds like the intercepter scrambling bug. I don't suffer from it myself, so I can't be 100% sure, but the usual culpret is a scroll wheel on the mouse. Disabling the scroll wheel usually solves the problem IIRC.
    Play hangman.

Comment

Or updating mouse drivers.

Comment

Travelerstein,

Please post a game save file from right before a crash. I will take a look and see if it really is the interceptor crash, or something else.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Its not the interecptor bug(im familar with that one). This is something..else. I suspect it may have something to do with the AI cranking out too many NJ's(?) and the game for whatever reason, doesnt like it. Anyhoo here it is.

In order to reproduce the crash Fly the Shard Tactical out of Terrible Swift Sword Southwest and attack the Hive infantry(its sitting on the Maglev Line.) Insta Crashes SMAC.

Note: Forum wont let me upload it here 892KB. Can email if thats acceptable
          Last edited by Travelerstein; December 23, 2005, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Travelerstein

Note: Forum wont let me upload it here 892KB. Can email if thats acceptable
            You can use the Apolyton upload service:

-- Kosh

Comment

I downloaded your save file and reproduced the crash exactly as you described it. This problem does appear to be the interceptor bug. Reason: I went into the scenario editor and removed the Hive interceptor in Great Collective. After that, the game no longer crashes when the Spartan interceptor attacks the Hive infantry unit. (Perhaps the Hive interceptor was trying to scramble against your interceptor.)

Sorry, I don't know how to fix this problem.
              -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
              X