Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of newbie questions

Sort of newbie questions

1: How do you flatten the ground for the ics arrangement?
    3: How are crawlers used inside the city sphere of influence?
    2: Can people who have sworn a blood oath break there promise and attack you?
    3: What is the best defense against missiles? (grunts as cannon fodder)

thanks
    (new to posting on forums)

1) Terraform down
    2) Exactly the same as outside the base grid, they will work a single square crawling a single resource from it (so sometimes it's best to let a worker gather the resources since he'll get all, and sometimes it's better for the crawler to do it and let the worker do another square ie, crawler on mine and worker on borehole)
    3) Yes and are quite likely to do so.
    4) Unless you're ahead technology wise and can build an aerospace complex + a defender with high armour and AAA ability and give the base a sensor to beat the missile then simply build a scout and designate it defender. The other faction might send a damaged aircraft to kill the scout and let the missile take out a stronger unit though or if it's the AI then it might just blow up a random crawler/former of yours as is normally the case.
    Note, If the missile is a planet buster, attack it first !! unless you've got plenty of orbital defense pods.
    Last edited by Lazerus; November 10, 2005, 14:15.
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

1. The '_' key for flatten.
      Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Hmm yeah he might be talking about rockiness, thought it was probably height, in which case "[" button
        Last edited by Lazerus; November 10, 2005, 17:33.
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
          Hmm yeah he might be talking about rockiness, thought it was probably height, in which case "]" button
          Why would altitude affect ICS?
          - NanoDingo [INTJ, E6]

Comment

for borehole placement
            no sig

Comment

Lowering is [
              #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
              #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

oops

Comment

2: Can people who have sworn a blood oath break there promise and attack you?
                  Originally posted by Lazerus
                  3) Yes and are quite likely to do so.
                  AFAIK the only reason why submissive pactmates would break the pact is when you use planet busters while the Charter is still in effect.

IIRC Lazerus likes using atrocities, which might explain why he thinks submissive pacts are often broken.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I interpret the original poster's use of "blood oath" to mean a "blood truce" (i.e., a cessation of hostilities after a vendetta), instead of a submissive relationship.

A submissive Yang once declared vendetta on me for no apparent reason. Possibly another AI faction had framed me for an atrocity, but there was no way to verify that.
                    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                    -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                      AFAIK the only reason why submissive pactmates would break the pact is when you use planet busters while the Charter is still in effect.

IIRC Lazerus likes using atrocities, which might explain why he thinks submissive pacts are often broken.
                      Haha to the last bit!

As to naughty submissives, they will accidentally break pact with you if you're stacked with units of their enemies (two of your submissives fighting each other). This just happened to me a few minutes ago with CyCon attacking University by waltzing through my lands and blowing up a former of mine that happened to be stacked with a Uni unit.
                      Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Originally posted by Petek

A submissive Yang once declared vendetta on me for no apparent reason. Possibly another AI faction had framed me for an atrocity, but there was no way to verify that.
                        The game tells you when youve been framed.

Comment

Haha to the last bit!
                          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I interpret the original poster's use of "blood oath" to mean a "blood truce" (i.e., a cessation of hostilities after a vendetta), instead of a submissive relationship.
                            Ditto for me, if he is talking about a submissive then really only using a planetbuster will make them attack you.

I dont like to, its just usually im forced to to protect my people
                            Submissives are normally useless once they've given you their techs and cash anyways, I just keep them around because I like having people agree with me heh

Comment

The intention of the question was of a submissive relationship.
                              One game Miriam pulled a surprise attach on me 3 years prior to ascent. I did not nuke anyone. I think I took one of her bases. It surprised me and I have not seen it as a topic in the history. She became submissive very early in the game and very powerful as the game progressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X