Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea bases and reducing their population

Yep. SMAC(X)...

I'm the peacekeepers, at war w/ Nautilus.

Now, I don't want to conquer their bases and keep them, I want to wipe them out.

But I don't want to commit an atrocity, either.

So, how do I reduce the population of a sea base I'm fighting against? Normally, for a land base, I'd just attack it...But that doesn't work w/ sea bases.

Wipe out the farms. It's easier in the sea, since you can bombard them (but for some reson the bombardment may fail).

I wouldn't do that, though. I guess I'm a bleeding heart.

Comment

You also could capture the base, and then convert all the workers to doctors. That will eventually starve the base down to size 1. Then rush build a colony pod (before the base can grow back to size 2) and disband the base.

Depending on what you're trying to do, you also could gift the base to another faction.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Another way would be to use a formers horde to raise the bases out the water then dispose of them with land units.

I suspect marines would do the trick too.

Comment

Leave it empty and then release a bunch of IoD's right next to it. Just don't stack them in the same square as they seem to be reluctant to attack in such case.

Comment

Youcan gift the bases to friendly AI making and excellent sea buffzone.
            If you don't have friendly, or better yet, submissive AI, keep the bases, make Nautilus submissive as fast as you can and then gift them back their bases.

You will have a nice pet which will give you quite a bunch of commerce and will fight against your enemies.
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Or, you could simply capture it and rushbuild colony pods over and over again each turn (assuming you have enough credits) until it is no more, and then either disband the remaining colony pod or use it to found another city/base.
              Be nice or I'll nuke you. ;)

Comment

So, you want to wipe them out without committing an atrocity?

Just burn the damn bases down if you don't like them. It really doesn't matter, you're a murderer either way. Alternatively, just edit them out using the scenario editer. (Ctrl+K)

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
                  So, you want to wipe them out without committing an atrocity?

Just burn the damn bases down if you don't like them. It really doesn't matter, you're a murderer either way. Alternatively, just edit them out using the scenario editer. (Ctrl+K)
                  Assuming you dont want to cheat, the game does technically recgnize "atrocities" in the form of sanctions and drastically lowered nobility

So it false to say it doesnt matter

Comment

Change alpha.txt

Why not? If it isn't an atrocity to disband a CP outside a base why should it be an atrocity to "disband" a city? You could be merely turning the population into refugees fleeing with only what they carry on their backs. They straggle to nearby friendly bases but don't add to pop because they initially cause more disruption than productivity.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                    X