Ruins Trick: Do you know about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruins Trick: Do you know about it?

Has anyone else found the ruins trick to get elite units? I found this years ago and I have never seen it mentioned in any forums. I am curious how many people have found it -- and if anyone has found any other easter-eggs in the game.

The trick is to set a unit on a corner outside the ruins, then setting up a patrol, setting waypoints at each other corner. The unit will immediately become elite and will be sent of in a strange direction -- make sure to clear the orders, especially on jets. This works for both SMAC and SMAX.

This trick works great if you are Gaian and are fortunate enough to find the ruins early on in the game. Capture the mind worms (lots of fungus near the ruins), do the trick - instant demon boils, send them to strike terror in the hearts of your foes.

Actually, this can work anywhere. Therefore, it's clearly a bug and is banned in multiplayer games.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Wasn't it patched?

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
        Wasn't it patched?
        Nope. Just tested on SMAX 2.0. Still get "instant elite" when setting a unit on patrol with 3 waypoints. I seem to recall, however, that the bug doesn't affect units near the poles.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Requesting second opinion...

Comment

Nope, exploit works for me too. I'll post screens if you really want.

Comment

Working...
            X