Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraform 'Construct Road to' error

SMAC patched to ver 2.0

Instead of getting the arrow to choose the destination square of my choice, am just getting a pop up list of bases when selecting a terraformer & via right click context menu choosing 'construct road to'. (Please pardon the lousy syntax, but I hope you get my drift.)

What am I doing wrong?

TIA.

Haven't seen such before.

Do the former still have movement left ?

Do you have a safe of the situation ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I thought that was normal.

Comment

Well, it may depend on patch level - I just can't remember such - that would have pissed me off seriously .
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Fresh install & I may have begun this game before patching. Mayhaps the patch does not take effect on games already in-progress?

Thx to all who read &/or reply.

Comment

According to the readme, version 2.0 added the following enhancement:

You can now automatically build roads to any square.

Previously, you could only autobuild roads to bases. And yes, you do have to start a new game for the patch to take affect.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

Capslock?

Comment

It hurts to say this, but sometimes ya just gotta suck it up & face the music.

MY BAD!

SMAC only re-install & what I grabbed fr Firaxis was the wrong patch! Instead of grabbing SMAC v4.0 Update, I grabbed Alien Crossfire v2.0 update. DUH! (Kind of surprised it ran at all!)

Anyway, got it straightened out now.

Comment

Working...
                X