Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murderous probe team

This happened to me when playing against the AI:

I wanted to infiltrate a friendly faction datalinks. No tech steal, no energy drain, just an innocent intelligence operation (well, as innocent probe teams can get). I sent my probe team to the nearest base, which had a population of one. The only unit in it was a probe team. A probe team duel began, I won... and the base was destroyed. I feel guilty now.

Don't be a sissy - did your team at least manage to get the datalink up before they raided the city ?

Edit:damn spelling ¤%(!!!
    Last edited by BlackCat; October 19, 2005, 16:23.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Heh, thats hilarious.

Comment

can you upload a sav?
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Lol, that's gotta be annoying, damaged probe and no base to infiltrate.
          I remember in one of my older games I equiped my probe with nerve gas and attacked the probe sitting in the base. Now that was some mass murder

Comment

Heh! Yet another bug in SmacX !

Comment

I don't know whether to call it a bug or an unexpected feature.

And no, I don't play Alien Crossfire. That happened in good old plain SMAC.

Comment

LT,

I tried to reproduce this behavior (using the scenario editor), but didn't get the same result. When my probe team won the battle, the base remained. Tested this in both SMAC and SMAX.

Is your copy of SMAC fully patched?
                "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                -- Kosh

Comment

Now that's puzzling. I had installed the last SMAC patch by then. I'll look for a savegame from that game, but I can promise nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X