Loving The Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving The Aliens

This is a duplicate of a thread I posted in the Off Topic Forum, but rather than just post a thread telling you all to go there and look for it, I thought it couldn't harm to post it here too.

The Science Museum in London has just had a new exhibition open devoted to the subject of what life on alien worlds would be like.

In conjunction with Channel 4, they have devised a programme and exhibition which extrapolate from certain given criteria what the course of evolution could be like on planets that had different environments from ours- what forms might develop on worlds with denser atmospheres, for instance.

Follow us on a journey through the real science of alien life and into the furthest reaches of your imagination. Get up-close and personal with some classic science fiction films and props, then come face-to-face with the weird creatures that inhabit Earth, before exploring far-flung planets and stars. Enter the "Alien Worlds" of leading scientists and meet the aliens they have imagined in a unique hands-on environment. And before you leave, compose your own personal message to an alien.

Channel 4 and Big Wave Productions challenged some of the brightest and best scientific minds to imagine life on alien worlds. They didn’t disappoint. From flying whales to worlds locked into eternal night, you’ll soon discover why science fact can be more thrilling – and even more bizarre – than science fiction.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

imagine the wingspan on a flying whale if the gravity is anything near ours !
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
      imagine the wingspan on a flying whale if the gravity is anything near ours !

Imagine the poop!

Pigeon crap's bad enough.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Imagine the poop!

Yeah imagine a stead of flying whales sit in a tree after a good lunch..
        ..and you have to pass that tree on the way to school..
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin

Yeah imagine a stead of flying whales sit in a tree after a good lunch..
          ..and you have to pass that tree on the way to school..

I think we'd be seeing a lot of subterranean life on that planet.

And a head start on recycling technology and sewage and manure reclamation- with early dramatic masterpieces such as 'The Irresistible Rise of Scarab Ui', by Bertolt Beetle.

Found any good poop recently ?
          Attached Files

Comment

This is turning out to be a 'Where do you want your poop today?' thread..
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Something doesn't work right in Opera
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
              X