Retrospective-- A look back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
    Sikander and Bondetampe - for helping to refine and add to all things specialization
    Man, you must have a good memory! That's like five years ago! I feel warm and loved now.

And it's bondetamp!

Most of the names I remember are already mentioned. I want to give extra props to David Byron, though. Not so much for the ICS it self as for the way this approach, which was very different from my own way of doing things, as for making me look at the game in a wholly new way.
    -bondetamp
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    -H. L. Mencken

Comment

In addition to most (all?) of the above:
      • big_canuck: - for his series of parallel games with me in which I learned so much (and sadly, have forgotten most) on how to conduct a Vendetta - and who can forget his 20-tile 1 turn landbridge with magtubes right into the heart of Tau Ceti's empire
      • Kinjiru: - whose simple line started the Spartan Chronicles which gave so many of us so much fun over the three years it was in production (and alas, never finished)
      • jimmytrick: - whose Uni battles with Vel were the stuff legends are made of

Comment

Illira - One of my first SMAC PBEM buddies.
        Buster and Darsnan - I seem to remember loosing some Smac PBEM games against them. The most evil pair to play against. The depth of their conspiring and trickery may never fully be known.
        Flubber - Good PBEM'er and was he a CMD also? I don't remember that much.
        Googie - Helped CMD some of my best PBEM games.

You know what? I suddenly want to challenge a certain triad of CMD'ers to an SMAC PBEM game.
        Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Darsnan, Flubber, Googlie? Who will play a PBEM with me?
          Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Ned, Blake, Googlie, Vel, Fitz, Jamski (for teaching me to love the Hive after taking over one of his Pbems), Kassiopeia, Cybergod (original Aldebaran contributers), and last and certainly not least, MariOne, who is forever not getting proper credit for being an inspiration to all of us.

Comment

Working...
            X