cpu not supported! (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpu not supported! (?)

i get this error message when starting terran or terranx exe on my new machine. the same problem still occurs when installing the xp/2000 patch for smac/x. i can click ok or cancel, both return me to desktop.

did anyone of you stumble upon the same error?
    or have you ever heard of it?
    if so, you surely have a solution, dont you?

windows xp sp2 (same as old machine where it worked nicely)
    amd athlon 3500+
    1024 mb ram twinmos or so
    850xt radeon
    sb audigy 2

old machine (laptop):
    1800+ amd
    512 ddram
    radeon mobility 9000
    some stereo onboard sound (i really dont know the manufacturer)
    "Cogito ergo non sum"

:
    Windows XP Note: If you are having trouble running Alpha Centauri on Windows XP, or you have a newer system with a 64 bit processor, try the following solution after installing the Windows XP patch .

Double click on My Computer
    Double click on the C: Local Drive (your Hard Drive or the drive that the game is installed to)
    Double click on the Program Files Folder
    Double click on the Firaxis Games Folder
    Double click on the Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Folder
    Double click on the Alpha Centauri.ini File (The file looks like a read me text file with a little gold symbol on it).

Once the file is open in Notepad, change:

ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0

to

ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

Be sure to save your changes, then run the game. You may still receive the error message. If it occurs, click OK and the game will load fine.
    try that aswell
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

did that. its the same
      "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhugger
        did that. its the same
        Did you click on "OK" in the "CPU not supported" message? If not, do so. The game should then start. Otherwise, please post again.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

..hhhmmm.. second thread on the same problem: see at
          > New computer won't let me play AC

Comment

solved. had to restart after installing the xp patch and making the ini changes
            "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

Working...
            X