• Free support upon tech

; Base Facilities
    ; Free = No longer supported.

(...)

Recycling Tanks, 4, 0, Biogen, EcoEng2, Bonus Resources
    Recreation Commons, 4, 1, Psych, SentEco, Fewer Drones
    Energy Bank, 8, 1, IndEcon, QuanMac, Economy Bonus
    Network Node, 8, 1, InfNet, HAL9000, Labs Bonus

Is that so? Does the "Self-Aware Machines" technology waive Network Nodes' maintenance, and so on? Don't these freebies come a bit too late in the game and benefit only the cheapest facilities? (hint for modders)

Exactly what am I looking at? I know it's from the Alpha/x.txt file but beyond that I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Any mod'rs around to explain? I'm obviously not mod material but I would like to know what's being said.
    Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

I think it's supposed to mean that, upon discovery of the tech highlighted in red, the corresponding facility no longer requires maintenance costs. I was never able to confirm this in testing, however. Anyone else have any information to the contrary? This interpretation doesn't even make sense for recycling tanks, which never cost maintenance. Perhaps the "no longer supported" entry means, literally, that the feature was once in effect but isn't now.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Well there are one or two games ongoing at this level where a CMN with the passwords could comment.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

i dont think it works. i have a few SP games i could check ,i think i tested this a long time ago

i got that tech in BE2 ,HAL9000(self aware?) and i didnt notice any difference in econ
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
          X