Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody feels like doing a game report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody feels like doing a game report?

Would some of you vets care to play a SP game and give us game reports turn by turn? I know there are some in the archives but I figure that probably most of you got already better than that, besides I'd like to have the opportunity to comment, ask silly questions, download a save and continue on my own, etc...

Actually, I'd love to see sth like 2-3 games run by veterans with different styles, if there'd be enough of you caring to spend some time on showing your secrets and helping to improve our skills. I'm pretty sure this would be quite interesting for the rest of us SMACkers, and there isn't much going on around here anyway.

So, anyone? Don't make me point you with a finger....

If I could do pretty graphics, I'd be more than happy to, despite being relatively inexperienced.

Comment

edit;oops had a bunch of ''reply to...'' windows up and thought this was one of many i had from civ4 forum

interesting idea but isnt the fun of trying to figure out top notch startegies half the fun?

although an annotated game could be a nice read
      Last edited by Kataphraktoi; October 9, 2005, 15:41.
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887

interesting idea but isnt the fun of trying to figure out top notch startegies half the fun?
        I think I need some inspiration. I lost innovativeness and want for experiments, and without others showing me some new ways I can't figure out my own ones. I play mostly SP (hard to get involved in MPs sometimes), and AIs are not very demanding and give no spark of inspiration.

Comment

Play various challenge games. Or try some self-imposed rules, some I've played which are fun include:
          • No land terraforming other than forest (and minimal roads ofcourse).
          • No terraforming. This one is hard.
          • No crawlers. (pretty easy, just an adjustment in play style and tech beelines)
          • "Play nice or I'll beat you up". Play a hypocrytical peacekeeper who fights cleanly and doesn't capture bases but also refuses to allow other factions to have strong militaries. Smack around any AI that gets into a fight but don't take their bases. Encourage your "pet" AI's to assimilate the bases of the less desirable AI's. It's a fun way to play Ursupers.
          • No offensive wars - your units cannot leave your borders.
          • Switching Sides. About every 50 years or when your faction becomes #1, switch sides (using the scenario editor) to the weakest AI. Repeat until game end and see how many factions you can bring to #1 (best on larger maps for more building room).
          • Drown the world. See how much ecodamage you can create and survive. Goes well with seeing how many atrocities you can commit.
          • Maximum Fun Regime. Build punishment spheres everywhere. You obviously play as Lal or Miriam.

Playing with self imposed rules is a good way to get creative and learn new strategies.

Comment

I'd love to try some difficult scenario, but hate to put any additional rules on myself. Feels like what I'm doing has no sense. I prefer to set conditions in such a way that I have to do my best by any means I have rather than avoid good techniques because they're good. The only challenge I play (I actually love it and do most of the time) is switching sides, where you really have to do your best, esp if you find yourself having two sea bases in like 2250, while AIs fly choppers built by yourself...

Anyway, my mental stagnation is not the only reason for wanting to watch someone's game report, I'd really like to see different gamestyles, personal preferences, etc... It's not just all about new tricks.

Comment

Playing as the Believers. Transend. Standard size map, 50-70 water, average everything. Blind research off.

2101 Started next to a river and ocean with one scout and one colony pod. New Jerusalem works on a scout. I sent my one scout and colony pod exploring S-SE.

2102 Pop an Alien Artifact.

2103 Scout complete, New Jerusalem begins work on another scout. 2nd scout sent to explore W-NW. Colony pod has reached ocean SE with three spaces in between it and home base.

Attached Files
              Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

2104 From on High founded.

2105 3rd Scout complete at 'From on High' begin colony pod. I ran into an empty 'The Hive' and Yang trades me Morgan's Comm for 10 EC, we treaty. Morgan gives me a map of Hive territory for Social Psych, we also treaty. I withdraw from Hive territory. Scout in NW finds dead end, I sent him South.

Attached Files

Comment

2108 4th Scout complete at New Jerusalem, began producing 2nd Colony Pod despite the fact that there's only room for a Third base. I'm hoping to send it out once I discover Flexability.

2110 Began Researching Centauri Ecology. I discovered 50% Labs was the best to hope for right now. Also kicked myself for not raising Econ settings in the first 10 turns.

2115 Ran into the University while exploring a strip of land to the south, we treated.

2119 Discovered Centauri Ecology. Began Researching Ethical Calculus

2124 Hive builds base cutting off my Southern territory. No new bases there.

2126 Righteous Sentence founded 2126 to the NE. Rushed a Former.

2127 Sent Former to build roads and farms anticipating Child Creches from Ethical calculus

2129 University discovered Secrets of the Human Brain, I discovered Calculus. Began research on Doc:Mobility.

2130 Hive pulls 2-2-1 to boarder and demands Ecology. I gave it to him. Contacted Morgan and traded Ecology for a map of the University. Signed Pact with Morgan.

2131 Began building Chreches in 'From on High' and Righteous Sentence. New Jerusalem is building a former.

2133 Hand of God founded.

2139 Discovered Mobility, Began researching Doc:Flexability

2148 'From on High' Finished building Creche, and began Rec Commons. Rushed it in 'Riteous Sentence.' By this time New Jerusalem and Hand of God are both working on their own Creches.

2149 Discovered Flex, began researching InfoNet. Righteous Sentence began work on a sea former. I contacted the University. They asked for Ecology and I gave it to them.

2150 New Jerusalem began work on a Sea Colony pod. I contacted morgan and traded Flexability for Applied Physics.

2153 Drone Riots in Righteous Sentence. I used a Doctor to calm them.

2160 Discovered InfoNet. Began work on Planetary Networks.

2161 The Hand of God begins Synthmetal prototype. From on High begins Recon Rover prototype.

Attached Files

Comment

2163 Rightious Sentence finished Sea Former, Began Work on Rec commons. Sea Former sent to plant Kelp Farms using checkerboard pattern hoping they spread.

2167 Drone Riots New Jerusalem, used Doctor to calm them. Sea Colony one turn away. Sea Former ran into Lal. Got Gaian comm for 45 EC. Lal asked for Ethical Calculus, I countered for Planetary Networks but lal refused. Gave him Calculus anyway. We treated.

2168 Contacted Dee. Traded my Flexability for Map of Peacekeepers. Signed Treaty.

2171 Founded 'He Walked on Water' my first sea base.

2175 Discovered Planetary Networks, began researching Nonlinear Math. Traded something to Morgan for Industrial Automation.

2176 Sunspots. Changed to Planned for 40EC.

2177 Changed to Democracy 40EC.

2179 Changed to Wealth 40 EC.

2182 Infiltrated the Hive network.

2185 Discovered Nonlinear Math. and began researching Doc:Initiative. Began prototyping Impact infantry in 'From on High.'

2186 Poped 75EC at sea. Hive bounced one of my probe teams trying to cross hive terriory.

2187 Poped Alien Artifact.

2191 Communications restored. Labs set at 60% 12 turns for Tech, 7 till Doc: Inititive.

2192 Hive demands 50EC or War. I say to war, the Vendetta is on! Probe away Industrial Economics. but loose Probe Team. Impact weapons prototyped, I upgrade a scout to 4-2-1 and my Recon rover to 4-1-2.

2193 Linked one Artifact at New Jerusalem got Biogenetics. I now have 3(4-2-1)w/ 3 in production and one 4-1-2

2194 A Gaian Probe foil pulled up to my seabase. Oops, I forgot I set that in the Alpha.txt! and gave me the Spartan comm for 30EC. Dee also asked for Industrial Economics which I gave. We Pacted. And asked me to next research Doc: Loyalty. Also, Contacted the Spartans. They asked for Ethical Calculus and I gave it over. They didn't Treaty because of my Wealth.

2195 I called an Election. Yang vs Lal. Lal elected.
                    Gaians 12 Votes Abstain
                    Hive 32 Votes Yang
                    University 25 Votes Abstain
                    Morgan 14 Votes Abstain
                    Spartans 21 Votes Abstain
                    me 24 Votes Abstain
                    Lal 110 Votes Lal

2197 Discovered Inititive. Begin researching Polymorphic Software. Hive is winning so far.

2202 Managed to get Superconducter from Lal in exchange for Doc Inititive. Gave University Inititive because they asked.

Attached Files

Comment

At this point in the game it's a fight for your life.

If I overcome the Hive with my troops I will skyrocket off the powergraph and have the fever to take out the rest of the planet by mid to late 2200s. If not, well I beg for mercy and focus on building a sea faction.

If I get eliminated well I'll just start a new game because my entire strategy focuses on building a gazillion colony pods and turning them into large bases. Either that, or building a gazillion Impact Rovers. I'd rather build bases though. And the believers are just fun because they can do both.

Comment

First thing, exchange with Gaians
                        - Superconductor for Gene Splicing
                        - Doc Initiative for Advanced Military Algorythms
                        - Industrial Automation for Centauri Empathy
                        - Secrets of the Human Brain for Applied Physics
                        - Ecological Engineering for Nonlinear Mathematics
                        - Information Networks for Centauri Meditation
                        Then Deirdre closes commlink. I do not recall such an exchange of 6 techs in any of my previous games...

Morgan. He wants superconductor for Spartan map. No way.
                        Superconductor for Cyberethics
                        Advanced Military Algorythms for Doctrine Loyalty
                        Sold: 6 other techs for total 150 EC

Lal is not quite cooperative, refuses Pact, wants tech without any return.

Zak and Yang refuse to talk.

Switch to Free Market. Psych at 30%.

New Jerusalem, now making Probe team
                        ----------------
                        Destroyed hive missile rover approaching Righteous Sentence
                        Hurried almost everything.
                        Zak refuses Pact and tech trade. I borrow 30 EC, for 36.
                        ----------------
                        Hive unit 6-3-1 costs 412 EC to subvert. I think, I will probe hive instead.
                        Started many Recycling Tanks
                        ----------------
                        Signed Truce with Yang for 2 techs. Time to rest a bit. Build more bases.
                        Both Deirdre and Morgan refuse Intellectual Integrity for reason of CDF.
                        Hurried colony pod in New Jerusalem and 1 rec tanks.
                        ----------------
                        Hurried Rec tanks in New Jerusalem and 2 more bases.
                        ----------------
                        Morgans loose a base to Hive.
                        He asks for vendetta with Yang, but I refuse, so Morgan ends Pact.
                        Hurried one colony pod.
                        ----------------
                        Hive takes Morgan Industries
                        New base, The Glory of God. Hurried Former there.
                        ----------------
                        Hurried colony pod in New Jerusalem for 6 EC.
                        ----------------
                        New base, Holy Fire. Hurried former there.
                        ----------------
                        Morgans loose yet another base to the Hive
                        Polymorphic Software researched. Next Environmental Economics
                        Morgan is Submissive, but refuses Pact, unless I declare vendetta on Hive. No way...
                        ----------------
                        New base, The Word of God. Hurried former there.
                        New base, Blessed Saviour. Hurried former there.
                        Hurried another Former.
                        ----------------
                        New base. Started recycling tanks
                        Deirdre exchanges her Intelectual Integrity for Cyberethics.
                        Well, well. Lal has Air Power, but refuses to trade in exchange for Industrial Automation.
                        I sell him IndEconomics for 50 EC.
                        ----------------
                        Fungus growth. First bloom I know of.
                        Hurried 2 recycling tanks.
                        ----------------
                        Took loan from Deirdre. 44 for 61
                        Sold PolymSoft to Morgan for 25 EC.
                        Lal ends vendetta against Deirdre, coz I asked him.
                        ----------------
                        Zakharov declares vendetta. Bad guy.
                        New base, I push back Hive border.
                        Hurried 2 recycling tanks
                        ----------------
                        Planetary Datalinks instabuilt.
                        Signed Pact with Deirdre back.
                        Attached Files
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest
                        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by Kirov
                          I'd love to try some difficult scenario, but hate to put any additional rules on myself.
                          Quite difficult are both Solstice scenarios by Chaos Theory:

Link1
                          Link2
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest
                          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
                          X