confused?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused?

i have been playing AC for a while and i bought Alien Cross fire from a friend for a few bucks and was wondering what the proper command line for Alpha Centauri is because alien crossfire is not detecting that AC is even present on my computer

does it only look for it in a certain place?

cuz when i got AC i put it on my f: drive as just F:\Alpha

but i dont know why its saying i dont have it

any ideas

thanks ahead of time

Probably the easiest solution to your problem is to uninstall both games. Then reinstall, accepting the default locations. That will place both games on your C: drive. If for some reason you don't want them on C:, then accept the the default folder name, but change the drive letter to whatever you like.

I think that both games have to be installed in the same folder.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

thanks

i did a complete re-install and tried again and i couldnt get it to work still i think it maybe because of this damn registry utility i have maybe its not letting the proper registry entries be read or somthin i checked my registry and i cant find the registry keys for alpha centauri tho maybe thats why

Comment

do you run XP?

Maybe this is forcedoldvoxel thing, or
        ds3d
        eax
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Re: thanks

Originally posted by budgetkuts
          i did a complete re-install and tried again and i couldnt get it to work still i think it maybe because of this damn registry utility i have maybe its not letting the proper registry entries be read or somthin i checked my registry and i cant find the registry keys for alpha centauri tho maybe thats why
          Please post the exact error message. That might help to diagnose the problem.

The Alpha Centauri registry keys are in

HKLM/Software/Firaxis Games

However, I don't think they are used for anything.
          -- Kosh

Comment

i run xp but alpha centauri runs fine ive never had to use the voxel thing for it

but the error msg says Fatal: alpha centauri is not installed on your computer install then run setup again from the autorun menu

Comment

if you could post what your registry entries are for alpha centauri and ill put them in the registry manually

Comment

or maybe take a screenshot of your regedit with the registry keys on the screen

thanks

Comment

I think that you can copy/owerwrite files manually, directory structure of CD and HDD is almost identical, it shoud be easy to understand what goes where.

Comment

The registry entries are as follows: The main registry key is

HKLM/Software/Firaxis Games

There are two subkeys under this one. They are named

Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire
                    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

The Alien Crossfire key also has a subkey named

1.06f

None of these keys contain any values (other than the Default-Value not set entry).

I deleted the Alpha Centauri registry key from my own PC and Crossfire still ran.

The question is "How does Alien Crossfire validate the presence of Alpha Centauri?" I don't know the answer and can't recall this issue coming up before.

Is it possible that the Alien Crossfire CD is damaged or incomplete? Is the CD an original or a copy?
                    -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
                    X