Planet hates me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet hates me.

The scene: 2150, Senethro playing as Free market morgan. A couple of independant unity rovers gather pods outside his territory, each pop more than 6 worms. Come 5 turns I've lost my rovers and some scouts. Come 10 turns and I've lost 6 bases. In another 2 turns I lose 2 more bases because a Fungal tower spawns which then hit me from the back.

Needless to say, I found this horribly embaressing. What I want to know is what are peoples experiences with popping pods and receiving NL and how they cope when it happens? Inside a base grid its pretty rare, inside territory its uncommon, far outside territory the chances seem to rise and 8 worm pods are not a surprise. Does a negative planet rating or the pod being in a fungus affect the outcome?

in my experiance,they always just disapear.ive never seen those 8 worm pops actually do anything.

worms launched a full invasion? sounds cool
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

As for me, I recall as many uncensored words as possible on such ocasions

And well, if I have then a handy unit to kill the *** *** I am happy for the planetpearls.
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Re: Planet hates me.

Originally posted by Senethro
        ... Does a negative planet rating or the pod being in a fungus affect the outcome?
        I recall something like a summary of what makes NL appear from unity pods. Maybe even from game creators. There are many of such factors.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Wild mind worms (land units only) usually don't attack your own mind worms, so they are good pod poppers. If I don't feel like sacrificing my units and can't capture NL's I tend to limit my pod hunting activities and go after Centauri Empathy.

Comment

Worms advance to the nearest human installment, that should solve the mystery why they sometimes disappear..

..and you notice some AI doing slightly worse than usual..
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
            X