For my first time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my first time...

... did I achieve a one city challenge...

Transcendence victory as the pk's.
    Guess I was lucky to sit quite isolated on my little isle continent.
    Last edited by GeoModder; February 13, 2010, 15:54.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Nice. I've never given OCC a shot in AC, I assume you used a couple of crawlers?
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

savs? (just curious)

i hadnt tried a OCC in smac before.
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
        Nice. I've never given OCC a shot in AC, I assume you used a couple of crawlers?
        A couple ? Like 25-40 on average!
        Halfway I was so sick of using so many crawlers for SP's that I tried upgrading them to strongest armor+abilities, a trick I heard about. Boy could I have saved on turntime if I did that sooner.
        I also learned that it is possible to have 2 SE changes on the standard cost (2x40) if one makes one change during the new SE-tech popup in diplomacy and later in a turn in the classical way (pressing E). Don't know if this is already documented.

Originally posted by Cataphract887
        savs? (just curious)
        autosave2 in attachment. 't might be that some of my crawlers are already cashed for the Voice of Planet, haven't checked.
        Last edited by GeoModder; February 13, 2010, 15:54.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

How did you avoid being planetbustered by eg a hostile Yang?

My attempt at OCC a long time ago ended that way...
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

heretic

only 1 city is allowed in OCC. you must disband or gift any captured cities before ending the turn

my civ2 background showing through

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
              How did you avoid being planetbustered by eg a hostile Yang?

My attempt at OCC a long time ago ended that way...
              I switched from demo to simple a decade or so after he warned me. Also, I was for a long time pacted with him and stayed that way until he ran into Zak. And I gave in to his 'demands' for energy in the endgame, what is a mere 100-300 energy every 5 turns or so when one has around 15000-20000 on general? And of course once I had an orbital pod+missile defense watching over my base it didn't matter that he declared our pact void, even after I joined Zak later in his war with Yang.

Instead, Zak received 2-3 pb's.

Originally posted by Cataphract887
              heretic

only 1 city is allowed in OCC. you must disband or gift any captured cities before ending the turn

my civ2 background showing through
              O that. I think I took that base the turn I started Voice of Planet. Just testing some weapon/chassis combo. 't Was the only base I conquered in the whole game. It's not like it made all the difference of the world for my point total or lab output when your HQ runs 55 pop.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

so whats the record to break for smacing OCCs anyhow?

Comment

Good luck.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Comment

Nice!

The closest thing I did to this was a Three City Challenge, and I got whupped big time.

I'm surprised that Yang didn't try dropping troops on your little Alcatraz island.

I'm wondering, is that Miriam on the left? How in the world did you avoid HER? Yang isn't as bad as Miriam IMHO...

Methinks you did some major diplomatic wheeling-and-dealing, my friend.
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Well, he did attempt an invasion... with two shard infantry.
                        Yang did play in a clever sort of way, he had quite some IoD's running errands on Planet's oceans, I think he must have kept Zak's transports at bay for invasion forces only happened by air. Those same IoD's were offen *almost* lethal for my small air force (when I attacked them).

And Miriam... almost didn't notice she was there. Guess she was too busy wiping out the Spartans (that was a surprise for me), and by the time that was done I was technologically so strong compared with her and she went into vendetta with Yang AND Zak... Guess I looked too pathetic to her for being worth the trouble.

Guess what, I managed twice to be elected as PG. The only regret I have is that I missed out on the Ascetic Virtues. Twice the AI snagged a nice SP on me just before I researched the necessary tech.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Whaat? Man, that must look weird. Two empires on opposite sides of Planet with dozens of cities...and Commissioner Lal gets elected with one city. I guess UNHQ is an appropriate base name.

I'm just surprised that Miriam got that big and didn't decide to just declare Vendetta on you just for fun.

Nice one.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Well... double votes as faction benefit, Empath Guild and 16 pop base did the trick in the early game until Zak had enough support. After that Clinical Immortality and my base on 40+ pop gave me the hot seat back from Yang for the remainder of the game.

And yes, I was surprised as well how she (Miri) took out the Spartans and the Morgans.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                            X