aircraft move allocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aircraft move allocation

when you move a needlejet,no matter how many moves you use,it has half the MP of the total for the return trip,eg a 6-1-8 gets 8 out,8 back.
    is there ever a way to get a needle that indicates 6\16 fuel? its as if the unit hovered a partial turn
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Did this happen to you?

I have seen some strange things happen after using the upgrade command, which is why I avoid upgrading jets half way through their mission.

Comment

the jet wasnt upgraded AFAIK
      Last edited by Kataphraktoi; September 17, 2005, 10:34.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

What's your problem?

8 moves out on turn 1, 8 moves back on turn 2 is completely normal ...
        no sig

Comment

the jet said 6\16 and was waiting for next turn

as if it had moved 10 already

Comment

Had he been attacked (or autodefended) inbetween your turns?
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

no.fully healthy
              its a needle not SAM
              its in the ocean
              it might have had another players unit under it at some point,lke last turn but im not sure.it wasnt a carrier unit in any case

Comment

Is it possible that the preference "Air units return home when reach limit of fuel range" is not checked for the player to whom the needlejet belongs? If so, the unit might be on its second turn, and is about to crash. I tested this possibility using the scenario editor and was able to produce the situation you describe (or at least something similar).
                "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                -- Kosh

Comment

yes.that would explain it.
                  it does crash the next turn?
                  how similar?

danke

Comment

After more testing, I'm not sure whether the situation that I created is what you're looking for. In the scenario editor, I can create a position in which a needlejet is in the middle of the second part of its turn (so its movement status shows "6/20") and the jet is just sitting there. If you then switch to some other faction (while in the middle of the first faction's turn), you can still see the jet, looking as previously described. On your next turn, the jet is gone and has presumably crashed.

However, I can't find any way that the first faction (the one with the jet) can end its turn and still have the jet "hovering". It either returns to a base that's within range or crashes immediately.

So, perhaps you need to look elsewhere for an explanation.
                    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                    -- Kosh

Comment

the faction wasnt switched by scenedit,rather by endturn->savegame
                      it is most defintly still there when i load the turn up

So, perhaps you need to look elsewhere for an explanation.
                      yes i will get to the bottom of this

Comment

I've been able to end turn with an aircraft in the air, on its second turn, and it won't crash until either the end of the year or my next turn (not sure which).

Also, sometimes an aircraft, after moving or attacking after its first turn in the air, will show some movement total like 7/16, but next turn it's back to 8/16.
                        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                        -BBC news

Comment

Working...
                        X