Extra byte in Citizens entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra byte in Citizens entry

I became so frustrated after discovering the Archives - it seems I arrived with years of delay. Now I have so much to read... is there a project to sum all that knowledge into a Planetary Datalinks of sorts?
    Anyway, I think I found something that hasn't come up into discussion (at least that I hope, risking myself to play fool yet again):

Technician, Technicians, None, Fusion, 3, 0, 0, 0000000
    Doctor, Doctors, None, CentMed, 0, 2, 0, 0000000
    Librarian, Librarians, PlaNets, MindMac, 0, 0, 3, 0000000
    Engineer, Engineers, Fusion, Disable, 3, 0, 2, 0000000
    Empath, Empathi, CentMed, AlphCen, 2, 2, 0, 0000000
    Thinker, Thinkers, MindMac, AlphCen, 0, 1, 3, 0000000
    Transcend, Transcendi, AlphCen, Disable, 2, 2, 4, 0000000

There you go. Anyone experimented with those?

they edit the stats on citizens

name,plural name,tech req,tech req,econ,labs,psych, dunno

i wouldnt edit the 0's but you can mess with the others

heres some info to start your search,scroll all the way down adn theres some interesting stuff.
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Re: Extra byte in Citizens entry

Originally posted by Leon Trotsky
      I became so frustrated after discovering the Archives - it seems I arrived with years of delay. Now I have so much to read... is there a project to sum all that knowledge into a Planetary Datalinks of sorts?
      See this recent thread, especially Minute Mirage's post near the end (which is where I found the old threads about "favorite units" mentioned in the other thread you started).

Are you already familiar with Vel's Strategy Guide? If not, see the topped thread in this forum titled "At long last" for information on how to buy it. Go to http://smac.2be.cc/tools.html to download version 3 for free. Vel's guide is several years old, but still has lots of useful info.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Re: Re: Extra byte in Citizens entry

Originally posted by Petek See this recent thread, especially Minute Mirage's post near the end (which is where I found the old threads about "favorite units" mentioned in the other thread you started).

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=138071
        That's what I was looking for. I'm right there...

Are you already familiar with Vel's Strategy Guide? If not, see the topped thread in this forum titled "At long last" for information on how to buy it. Go to http://smac.2be.cc/tools.html to download version 3 for free. Vel's guide is several years old, but still has lots of useful info.
        That txt I already have. Got it at gamefaqs (don't burn me at stake, I was desperate and didn't know of good SMAC sites!). Thanks anyway.

Well, it seems I'll just have to mess around with those arcane bites. If I don't reply in some days, probably it's because my alpha.txt collapsed. Tell my family that I love them.

Comment

Re: Extra byte in Citizens entry

Originally posted by Leon Trotsky
          That txt I already have. Got it at gamefaqs (don't burn me at stake, I was desperate and didn't know of good SMAC sites!). Thanks anyway.
          We won't for visiting them, but we will for not already owning a paperback copy of Vel's Guide.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well, it seems I'll just have to mess around with those arcane bites. If I don't reply in some days, probably it's because my alpha.txt collapsed. Tell my family that I love them.
            Hi Leon,
            I'm interested in what these do as well. Did you find anything out?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X