Alpha Centauri On Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Centauri On Ebay

Was looking around there today and found some great buys for the original Alpha Centauri. Prices are low and there were a couple of UK listings for the Euros out there. I know it's hard to find these days so I just thought I would give someone the heads up if they were looking.

There were 3 listings for crossfire from the US, UK and Austrailia. The most expensive was $64 from the US.

Anyway, just thought I would share if anyone needed a copy or knew of someone who was looking
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

if there only one copy from US?
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

£24.95, plus postage, for Alien Cross from Amazon (UK). There was one up for £21, postage included, yesterday, but I kind of yoinked it...
      -
      - NanoDingo [INTJ, E6]

Comment

Maybe we (as Apolyton SMACX community) should inquire present owner of the rights to distribution of both SMAC and SMAX if they could plan in very near future some next release of Planetary Pack? Based on what we see on E-Bay, these are just money for them to take. Still SMACX in demand.

I think an appropriate letter, asking maybe also their view on the profitability of this next release, as they see it. Maybe the game should be sold only by internet in order to lower the cost for its distribution in other way. There are for sure methods to release the game fast and with minimal cost.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Based on the information in the following link:

I've been waiting to see whether Take2 Games would re-release SMAC/SMAX. Specifically, the above link states:

Separately, 2K Games had previously secured publishing and distribution rights to Sid Meier's Civilization back catalog of products and will begin publishing these titles as of July 1st.
          However, there's no mention of SMAC/SMAX at the Take2 Games site (http://www.take2games.com/).
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
          X