Morgan vendetta for Green economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan vendetta for Green economy

What's his problem? My army is "unsurpassed" and we have mucho tech advantage yet he wants to go vendetta with his clutch of bases just cause I have green economy.

That's overly simplistic - is it really his ideological antithesis?

Plus many AI will go vendetta against ANY faction that is a clear leader unless you are pacted . Its a game feature designed to make things harder that as you get a lead, other factions tend not to like you.

And yes your SE choices are a factor-- It is tougher to keep friendly relations with someone if you run their aversion
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

If you really want to get him angry choose "Planned". He doesn't like "Green" simply because it's not "Free Market", but his real aversion is "Planned".

Fortunately, most of the original factions (all but the University and the Believers) have their preferences and aversions in the same social category. The advantage here is that "diplomatic restrictions" to social engineering are limited to that one category (unless, of course, you want to impress more than one faction).

Comment

I remember there was a list somewhere here or gamefaqs with all the likes/dislikes of each faction. Does anyone know where it is?

Comment

In my experience, a faction reacts strongly to others not running its preference (or at least the "None" option), and not at all to others running its aversion, unless its aversion and preference are on the same line.

Preferences/Aversions:
          Gaians: Green/Free Market
          University: Knowledge/Fundamentalism
          Hive: Police State/Democracy
          PKs: Democracy/Police State
          Morgan: Free Market/Planned
          Spartans: Power/Wealth
          Believers: Fundamentalism/Knowledge
          CyCon: Cybernetic/Fundamentalism
          Drones: Eudaimonic/Green
          Pirates: Power/NULL
          Cult: Green/Wealth
          Angels: Democracy/Power
          Caretakers: Planned/NULL
          Usurpers: Planned/Democracy
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

I'm going to confirm, that to the Morgan AI, it doesn't matter if you're running Planned or Green, the CEO will be displeased. If you don't want to stay in Free Market, wait for him to lose patience, declare vendetta, and go whomp him. Once he's surrendered, he'll only have one attitude: Submissive.

Generally at the outset of my games, I choose my allies based on which of them I think I can keep happy while maintaining proper growth. If you're willing to bribe your allies, you can extend their patience, but sooner or later if you're the top dog, the other dogs are going to start biting.

Comment

and then there is only one way to go - Boom
              (+1)

Comment

I'm not so sure that aversions are unimportant.

I like Green a lot because of the efficiency, so I often ally with Deidre. The relation suffers when I switch to Planned for pop-booming, but it has always survived ten to fifteen turns of booming. However, in one game I needed her to attack me and switching to "Free Market" worked in no time. Of course, it's probably not helpful to compare different games. Maybe we should test this in a controlled environment.

Also, Miriam and Zakharov scold you for running Knowledge and Fundamentalism respectively. (Of course, Miriam is often seething whatever the circumstances.)

Comment

What do Miriam and Zak say to scold you? It's possible (but usually dumb) to run Fundy/Knowledge with most factions, and both should be happy with that.
                  -BBC news

Comment

Sorry, Chaos Theory, I misled you.

What I meant was that I thought running Knowledge gets Miriam angry and running Fundy gets Zak angry. I'm afraid that I do not remember the exact message (something about research being wicked and immoral?) and, now that I think about more about it, I may have confused it with Miriam's reaction to Democracy.

It's an interesting point because I have often avoided Knowledge to keep Miriam from attacking before I have set up my defenses. If it turns out that she doesn't have any problems with Knowledge despite the fact that she cannot use it herself, this would certainly increase social options. Thanks!

Comment

These days I find it rare that my SE settings are not Demo, Free market/Planned and Wealth, and so have a habit of upsetting nearly everybody.

You can find Miram and Zaks comments in the script file.

Comment

Fundy/Knowledge? Whoa, I'd hate to be in THAT society...

I find it rather funny that supersmall factions would dare to take on the big dog. I really like it when I have shard technology and they're still on missiles. Once they declare war, and I don't need them...its Sin Buster time.

Saves time and energy.
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

It would be a better tactic if the little factions teamed up and opposed you jointly. They take you on because they have no hope of overcoming you peacefully, but unfortunately the AI is stupid in combat, and gets stupider when it perceives itself as weaker.
                          -BBC news

Comment

I just did a short test with Deidre in a time warp game. Zak did not comment on Fundamentalism nor did Miriam say anything about Knowledge. Please disregard my earlier comments.

Fundy/Knowledge is a strange combination indeed. It doesn't have any net negatives, but only its benefits (+1 morale, +1 efficiency) are not that impressive either.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
                              It would be a better tactic if the little factions teamed up and opposed you jointly. They take you on because they have no hope of overcoming you peacefully, but unfortunately the AI is stupid in combat, and gets stupider when it perceives itself as weaker.
                              This is in fact what they do. I've been in a situation with pop-booming Drones with 300 pop by 2220 causing such a difference in score that everyone pacted with everyone against me. (except for the caretakers and usurpers)

Comment

Working...
                              X