X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread.
    (+1)

Comment

I have years invested in playing this game!!! Why would I stop playing!!

I had a good scare a few weeks ago! I had to reload my entire computer, after being hit with a horrible virus or worm. It took out my Restore files and Cookies and I wasnt able to save Cookies or Restore anymore. Couldnt fix it, So we wiped the computer clean and reloaded. My Computer needed a good cleanout anyway!!

So when I loaded SMAC and SMAX well wouldnt run........Operating system didnt change or anything, but I needed the drivers for my monitor updated! But the things that were going through my head!!!!!! NO!!!!!!! Dont do this to me!!!!

I am so afraid to get a new computer!!! I dont want to give up this game!

I have so many games sitting here that I love to play that have become obsolete. And I hope SMAX will never be added to that pile!

Lori TX

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: just played AC for the last time

Originally posted by Darsnan

My hobby is AC CMN'ing and Creation, which my family understands and supports.

D
        And he's very good at it too . .. I am test driving his latest solo challenge and it is fun fun fun as usual-- I have learned with Darsnan to trust NOTHING about how the game usually works
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

To me (and to most SMAC(X) players) this is much more than a "silly computer game".....
          in that case,what is it?

im not sure i understand the original poster right.your quiting smac because like all things it will end someday? why not just kill yourself,you will die someday and might as well get it on with....

Ummm, no, SMAC can't really be compared to Chess.
          yes chess cant be compared to smac because it dosnt measure up... chess can be and will be solved someday,and a computer will play it to perfection. smac may be unbalanced,but chess has had hundreds of years of rule editing to get it to be even. smac has only had a few years. with the random events and the random map, i dont think smac could be 'solved'

edit; lol searching through for a thread and noticed this. a tadbit melodramatic first poster
          Last edited by Kataphraktoi; November 5, 2005, 11:12.
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
          X