How do you use Mindworms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aktarian
    And I use "arty" MW if I have as I don't built arty.

Hmm-- I used not to build arty and then I discovered how much damage it inflicts on worms and I was a convert. Three or four top notch artillery units will usually prove to be a tremendous boon against worms, toughly defended enemy positions or bnombarding ships.

Also:

Polluter base + 2 arty+ a couple of empath units =yummy cash
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Heh, I don't build arties mubh either, but when a lot of units are coming, and end up filling a single square, to say the least, you would swear by them.

See a bunch of eneies coming up to your base via S-Array, send a few out to intercept, but stay your 2 squares. You can bomb the enemy plattoon to red notchs and then send a hellicopter or 2 to finish the job.

2 or 3 Rover arties and 2 or 3 coppters and you can beat up an armada of 5-20+, pending your advancement ofcorce.

Comment

Originally posted by jadenstriker
        Heh, I don't build arties mubh either, but when a lot of units are coming, and end up filling a single square, to say the least, you would swear by them.

See a bunch of eneies coming up to your base via S-Array, send a few out to intercept, but stay your 2 squares. You can bomb the enemy plattoon to red notchs and then send a hellicopter or 2 to finish the job.

2 or 3 Rover arties and 2 or 3 coppters and you can beat up an armada of 5-20+, pending your advancement ofcorce.
        Yup -- The AI or mindworms will make large stacks that can be really really good targets. As I said, I started with arty to compensate for a poor planet rating while in FM and wanting to kill worms anyway. Then I saw the benefits of even 20-30% damage on enemy defenders when attacking his bases
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
        X