Create my 14th faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkCloud
    But as for another faction more in line with what you desired (+Research, +Planet), how about this one:

The Geo-Scientists

“Only by shaping the world can we truly become one with it, but as we shape Planet, so too does Planet shape us. Living with nature means adapting to it and working with it.”
    -Councilman Caretaker Volodymyr Pytor Godelslav, -Planetary Designs

Leader: Councilman Caretaker Volodymyr Pytor Godelslav
    Background: Ukrainian Biologist/Botanist in the Crimea. He also investigated and studied the Environmental effects of the Chernobyl disaster. A major proponent of hydro-electric power, and innovator in alternatively-fueled energies for cars.
    Symbol/Insignia: A hydroelectric dam.
    Agenda: Innovation with respect for Planet. (Eco-Friendly innovation)
    Technology: Centauri Ecology or Planet Empathy (if it’s a tech)

+2 Planet (A healthy respect for Planet)
    +1 Research (Research is highly valued)
    -2 Efficiency (Respect for planet while researching and building means that it takes longer to build things, and therefore, they cost more)
    Buildings Cost +10% (Things cost more when environment is considered)

Free Tech: Biogenetics and Centauri Ecology/Planet Empathy

---
    I think it’s balanced… if a tad on the weak side…
    I agree. Efficiency effects are difficult to compensate for and have far reaching impacts that are not as easy to see-- This faction might be a decent early rusher since +1 research could help get weapons tech while the +2 PLanet guarantees a worm army. The -2 efficiency will be felt worst in the midgame when you haven't grown enough to seriously consider green and before cybernetic is available. Plus it will be tough to go 100% Labs until late game. This faction will also find it hard leaving Demo due to the inneficiency hit
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

[Some stuff about The Collective]

I know that On turn one I would probably turn the sliders to 100% Labs to see how fast I can tech through my beelines
      Bad idea, since the faction wouldn't accumulate research until turn 5. Overall, the faction does look too strong, but not ludicrously so like some netnode factions. No talents means even a single drone causes a riot (though you can't implement this).
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory

Bad idea, since the faction wouldn't accumulate research until turn 5. Overall, the faction does look too strong, but not ludicrously so like some netnode factions. No talents means even a single drone causes a riot (though you can't implement this).
        Sorry-- forgot the research minus-- So it would be 100% cash for 5 turns and then 100% Labs.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I don't know if +4 efficiency is too strong, the Cyborgs have +2 efficiency and +2 research on top of that.

Maybe a negative number on TALENT takes away talents on bases, not sure.

Comment

A negative TALENT rating adds drones, though subject to limits similar to Zak's drones.
            -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_3TJ
              I don't know if +4 efficiency is too strong, the Cyborgs have +2 efficiency and +2 research on top of that.
              and a growth minus IIRC-- this means that they are slower than others at getting that 2nd 3rd and 4th colony pods out as they don't have the population to support it. They can overcome this but the continuing difficulty pop booming is an ongoing issue.

Comment

Hmm skin parasites? Like green spiders?
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_3TJ
                  Have you seen the movie "Equilibrium"? Well, that's this faction about:
                  Yes, a rather...interesting movie...

I have to say, such a faction would be hard to find followers...also, I think the idea of removing emotions is already taken by the Cyborgs...the factions both have slightly different ideas, but overall, the follow the same lines...

Comment

About the no drone/no talent thing, a 'free' punishment sphere in every base would suit the task, however the -50% labs kills any research. -1 research not needed at all. I guess the best thing would be to go 100% eco and trade money for research, would be interesting to see ingame.

Comment

I suppose free punishment spheres, 50% tech cost, and -2 probe would result in no drones/talents, and minimal side effects.
                      -BBC news

Comment

do you use punishment spheres?
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

It is not uncommon to see patients undergo permanent psychological
                          trauma in the presence of the Sphere, before the nerve stapler has
                          even been strapped into position. Its effect on the general
                          consciousness of the culture is profound: husbands have seen
                          wives go inside, and mothers their children. Dr. Xynan left the
                          surface of the sphere semitranslucent for a reason. You can hear
                          them in there; you can see them. It is a thing of terrible beauty.
                          ^
                          ^ -- Baron Klim,
                          ^ "The Music of the Spheres"

-BBC news

Comment

Working...
                          X