How to do PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do PBEM

Okay guys, a quick question for y'all. I'v rounded up 7 guys, 7 email addresses, and 7 factions. So, can somebody explain to me, just how we use PBEM? As in, how do we set up the game, and then how do we save each turn and send it off. Help would be greatly appreciated.

First off seven folks is too many-- I have never experienced a 7 player game that finished-- so good luck on that point. Create two 4 player games and play both is my recommendation.

As to how to play,

1. on game setup there are two options

a)have a player set it up using the random map generator-- it may end up with grossly unfair starts ( and in fact I believe this is the norm)-- just hit the buttons in the start up for multiplayer and pbem.

b) have an experienced CMN set up the game- they have maps and start positions that they view to be fair and can also set passwords-- Check the Multiplayer forum for folks that are doing it

Once the game is created,

- it is sent to the first player in the turn order
    - they download the file into a directory they can play from
    --they start smax but go to the Multiplayer button and all the way through the pretty obvious choices until they get to "load saved game"
    -- load the game
    --- play normally
    -- hit turn complete-- this will close the turn and prompt you to save the game

-- save it with a definitive name-- the most common methodology is gamename- player you send to- year so
    my save might say " sealurk-paul-2213"

Send this file to the next player

Ohh-- early files are small so zipping doesn't matter but they quickly get much larger so that zipping files to send them is the accepted norm
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
    X