No announcement yet.

The Value of Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You misunderstand the purpose of this poll. I wanted to gather opinions on how much of a return players expect to receive on their ECs, by asking how much interest would convince them to save. This also yields some information on how much interest could be granted to a faction without ruining the game, but is secondary.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Humphrey
      1% compound interest is what he means I think, I can't be bothered to work it out.
      leave that to me.

Pert or Pe^(r*t)

both yield 271.8281828.....

am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory

100 * (1.01)^100 ~= 2705
        To get your 256819.3 figure would require about 8.17% interest.
        And this equation:

100 * (1.01)^100..... and this I get 270.48....

back to the drawing board....

This is an interesting topic, I wonder what interest rate would balance the game.... A smac stock market would seem in order.... a SMAC Market if you will. this will give me something to do for the next half hour

Comment

Interesting... if the game has a formula to calculate the "cost" of a faction, it wouldn't bee to far to think of buying shares instead of whole factions. "Morgan Industries stocks reached a historical peak! Sell, SELL!"

Also, would buying more than 50% of a faction count as a hostile takeover?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightlifter
            And this equation:

100 * (1.01)^100..... and this I get 270.48....
            Yeah, you're right. Pesky decimal point. You need to use the discrete compound interest formula as stated above, rather than the continuous compound interest formula that involves e, since in SMAC, interest is compounded annually.
            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
            -BBC news

Comment

Working...
            X