Another XP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another XP Question

While I hate to clutter up this board with yet another question about getting SMAC to run on Windows XP, I've got a question that doesn't seem to have been answered yet.

When I try to install from my CD the setup file runs fine, and it begins the Windows Install Shield program, however that's where it stops. I recieve no error message, but nothing seems to work. It just... stops. I've tried to run the setup file in Compatability Mode, but it doesn't change anything.

Anyone had a similar problem and/or have any advice?

Don't know where the problem lies, but here's a non-legit copy which does not need to be installed (as an alternative if you don't manage to solve your problem):

(scroll down to the very bottom of list)
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Re: Another XP Question

Originally posted by SporkChan
      When I try to install from my CD the setup file runs fine, and it begins the Windows Install Shield program, however that's where it stops. I recieve no error message, but nothing seems to work. It just... stops. I've tried to run the setup file in Compatability Mode, but it doesn't change anything.

Anyone had a similar problem and/or have any advice?
      Here are some techniques that helped others to install the game:

* Run setup from different CD-ROM drive (if you have more than one drive).

* Run setup from a command prompt.

* Restart computer in safe mode. See

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

* Other troubleshooting info:

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
      X