Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I get some help to modify the game to suit me better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the replies, I think I can scrap something usefull together.

Senathro, Solver: Nah, I don´t like to play in such a gamey way. Frankly I wanted to do these changes to make it possible for me to play more realistically.

Dissident: Oh, had forgotten about the orbital defences, they could have helped. I don´t have the expansion so can´t use the other building and can´t choose not to have Miriam in the game. Editing him not to dislike democracy sounds like a good idea though. It doesn´t really help to just try to please the other factions, at some point they will wage war with each other and declare was on me if I don´t join either side of the war.

Reznod: I didn´t know that was possible, sounds excellent. I don´t myself use colony pods with other than the first chassis anyway, if that remains allowed then I´ll definedly use that one. Thanks!

Comment

Groshaus, check your PMs using the control panel tab while you're logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosshaus

I don´t have the expansion so can´t use the other building and can´t choose not to have Miriam in the game. Editing him not to dislike
        You can still choose not to have miriam in your game.
        In Alpha.txt there is a section called #FACTIONS
        Simply remove miriam from both lists (there is another list just like the #FACTIONS directly beneath it) and dont forget to put another faction back in (presumably one of your own or a downloaded one [from netwotrknode.org maybe],) that should eliminate miriam and put that other faction into place. Remember to make the name in the #FACTIONS list exactly the same as the [faction].txt file (where [faction] represents the name of the faction that you have inserted).

Hope this will help you play a more enjoyable game.

P.S. Make a backup of your alpha.txt file in case something goes wrong.

Comment

Replacing factions, while fun, is not necessary. It's entertaining to learn to exploit them. Miriam can be a solid ally if you defend her bases from, say, Yang's predations. A possible complication is if she's allied to a thorn in your side, say Deirdre (who seems to love lobbing missiles), but you can fix that by capturing Miriam's former bases from Yang, gifting them to Deirdre, then sitting back to relax and enjoy what transpires.

Or just learn to be strong and persuade the faction in question to surrender.
          ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
          Zoe Trope

Comment

Working...
          X