Crash when installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash when installing

I'm honestly not sure how to fix this one (of course, if I did I wouldn't be here).

Anyways, I am a old fan of the Alpha Centauri game, and it used to work great on my computer, I uninstalled it last year because it was gobbling up precious time and I was getting very addicted.

I decided to reinstall it again for the summer, only to have it crash every time.

After I insert the CD, the normal autostart screen appears where I have the option to proceed. If I click proceed, the screen just goes black. Sometimes if I click the mouse it will return to desktop, other times my computer crashes and I just have to restart it.

Are there any solutions to this?

There's not a single reason that causes the installation program to crash. Your best bet is to run install in compatibility mode. If you need help on doing this, please refer to the forum's FAQ. If that doesn't help, then look in the FAQ and in other threads over the last several months for other suggestions.

If no luck, then post again and let us know what you tried that didn't work.

Good luck!
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

I ran the compatibility mode and it was still crashing when I tried to browse the disc.

It was in my dvd/cd writer at the time, and I tried switching it to a cd-rom, and then ran it and it worked perfectly, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X